Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Way Too Early 2019-2020 Basketball Preseason Rank Em

23 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Does the fact that his teams have performed really well in the MWT not help? They seem to turn it on right at the right moment. 

This question wasn't addressed to me and I'm not an Aztec, but I'm going to butt in anyway. If I were an SDSU fan it wouldn't help my opinion too much. Both years, SDSU had zero chance for an at large and didn't come close to contending for the regular season title. Expecting titles and at large bids every year isn't reasonable, but I think Dutcher needs to show he can put together and coach a team that contends for the top spot. I don't think SDSU should have to rely on conference tournament success every year to save disappointing seasons. 

37 minutes ago, aggzilla said:

I see it going something like this:

USU

SDSU

Nevada

Fresno

Boise

UNLV

UNM

AF

CSU

Wyoming

SJS

I'd have UNM higher. If they return to their identity with those athletes they'll be a tough out. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

2 hours ago, blind_squirrel54 said:

This question wasn't addressed to me and I'm not an Aztec, but I'm going to butt in anyway. If I were an SDSU fan it wouldn't help my opinion too much. Both years, SDSU had zero chance for an at large and didn't come close to contending for the regular season title. Expecting titles and at large bids every year isn't reasonable, but I think Dutcher needs to show he can put together and coach a team that contends for the top spot. I don't think SDSU should have to rely on conference tournament success every year to save disappointing seasons. 

With all the geographical and recruiting advantages SDSU has, being top 3 in conference every year is not an unreasonable expectation. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Not sure anybody in the league is going to out-talent UNM in 2019/20 with Jackson and Mathis coming back and the addition of 6'11 big 4* January.

Potential starters:

4* JJ Caldwell...6'0 point

5* Jaquan Lyle...6'5 wing

Zane Martin...6'4 wing

4* Vance Jackson...6'9 forward

5* Carlton Bragg...6'10 center

Talent and depth on the bench as well...Anthony Mathis, among others.

We'll see what Weir can do to harness all the talent into a championship team.

Revised order of finish.

1- UNM

2-11 Everybody else

In all honesty...it's gonna be a 'free for all'.

USU lose Queta, SDSU loses McDaniels, Nevada loses everybody but gains Alford, FSU loses a lot but has Grimes and Hutson, AFA will be good...

We'll see.

I would not say Nevada loses everybody.  Most of the guys are staying and they were all recruited by Muss.  He has an excellent track record at identifying talent.

In addition Alford has several open scholarships and he is a pretty successful recruiter too..

I don't know how they will all do but I don't think they are at all gloomy about the Pack's chances..

As for New Mexico..It is very helpful to the MW when they are good and the same holds true for SDSU and UNLV.

The Arizona drama makes it more and more likely that Boise-transfer (5*) Emmanuel Akot is eligible to play immediately.

With Jessup (14 ppg), Alston (13 ppg), Hobbs (12 ppg) and RJ (9 ppg) all returning, Boise should be up near the top but will struggle against teams with good big dudes.  No known quality player above 6'-8" for the Broncos is going to be interesting.

39 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

The Arizona drama makes it more and more likely that Boise-transfer (5*) Emmanuel Akot is eligible to play immediately.

With Jessup (14 ppg), Alston (13 ppg), Hobbs (12 ppg) and RJ (9 ppg) all returning, Boise should be up near the top but will struggle against teams with good big dudes.  No known quality player above 6'-8" for the Broncos is going to be interesting.

That's some pretty good returning talent. Alston is a stud.

7 minutes ago, LoboSage said:

That's some pretty good returning talent. Alston is a stud.

Their ultimate success next year will depend on his development. He had the 2nd largest productivity increase in the country last year. If he can continue that trend, Boise will have what they were desperately missing last year, which is a go-to player.

i think CSU will improve on their T7 finish from last year. Five of the top 6 players return (Im assuming Carvacho returns) and they are adding much needed depth with a solid recruiting class.  

The roster mess that Eustachy left has finally been cleaned up with the transfer of Frosh Jack Schoemann to Cal State-Bakersfield.  Schoemann was not a D-1 level player but Eustachy signed him to an LOI because of a friendship with the kids dad.  Medved's hands were tied because an LOI is a binding agreement and Schoemann's dad is a pretty high powered lawyer. To his credit, Jack is a good kid with a great attitude. Had that scholarship been available, Medved would have most likely brought recruit James Moors in a year earlier and used a redshirt year for development, having his ready to play this upcoming season.

CSU has three scholarships open right now.  I doubt if any will be used on preps since they already have 5 incoming.  The more likely scenario is a grad transfer and a couple of JuCos to balance out the classes.

As for the rest of the MWC, I expect New Mexico to be the most improved; they have the best roster Top to bottom.  I also look for Boise to be improved with some good additions to a solid returning core.

4 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

i think CSU will improve on their T7 finish from last year. Five of the top 6 players return (Im assuming Carvacho returns) and they are adding much needed depth with a solid recruiting class.  

The roster mess that Eustachy left has finally been cleaned up with the transfer of Frosh Jack Schoemann to Cal State-Bakersfield.  Schoemann was not a D-1 level player but Eustachy signed him to an LOI because of a friendship with the kids dad.  Medved's hands were tied because an LOI is a binding agreement and Schoemann's dad is a pretty high powered lawyer. To his credit, Jack is a good kid with a great attitude. Had that scholarship been available, Medved would have most likely brought recruit James Moors in a year earlier and used a redshirt year for development, having his ready to play this upcoming season.

CSU has three scholarships open right now.  I doubt if any will be used on preps since they already have 5 incoming.  The more likely scenario is a grad transfer and a couple of JuCos to balance out the classes.

As for the rest of the MWC, I expect New Mexico to be the most improved; they have the best roster Top to bottom.  I also look for Boise to be improved with some good additions to a solid returning core.

Hopefully, everyone will be improved.

I think the MW will be better.

19 hours ago, ltcpilot said:

AF starters probably 6'4", 6'3", 6'1", 6'1" and 5'9".....

......trust me, this is highly accurate so don't worry or think about AF in 2019-2020. 

Don't the academies have a height limit?  In AFA's case there's only so much room in a cockpit.

5 hours ago, aztech said:

Don't the academies have a height limit?  In AFA's case there's only so much room in a cockpit.

Nah that changed years ago. Used to be based on the ejection seat and really wasn't heighth but was more sitting height. In the old days the ejection seat went through the canopy therefore you had to have so much room between the top of the helmet and the canopy to allow the breaker tool on the back of the seat to hit  first. Things are changing as airplanes are changing. I do not know what the actual height requirement is now but I know there's even waivers for that since everybody does not have the option of going to pilot training after graduation. 

In recent years

Zach Moer 6'11"; Olesinski 6'10" ; Broekhuis 6'10"

..GO FALCONS..