Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Way Too Early 2019-2020 Basketball Preseason Rank Em

1 - Utah State

2 - SDSU

3 - Nevada (assuming Muss returns)

4 - Fresno State

5 - Air Force

6 - Boise State

7 - New Mexico

8 - UNLV

9 - Colorado State

10 - Wyoming

11 - SJSU

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

BSU

SDSU

USU

NEV

FSU

CSU

AFA

UNM

WYO

UNLV

SJSU

I really have no idea who returns and such. I just expect BSU to make a big jump(winning the conference might be a bit optimistic). Alston is going to breakout. 

If Mcdaniels returns, move SDSU to 1st. 

Nevada is based on Musselman being the coach. 

Ya'll are high as +++++ not putting Boise in top 3.

Jessup and Alston are both possible POY candidates on 1 team.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

43 minutes ago, cosinama said:

Not sure how to rank them but I anticipate that the conference will be much, much better next year. A win or two in the tournament this year would’ve helped the conference going into next year. Ugh. 

I expect the conference, overall to be about the same next season.

USU returns almost everybody and SDSU is loaded.  They should be really good.

Nevada still has 3 and possibly 4 scholarships available so we don't really know how the team will look yet.

Comments on each team. Incoming recruits could change things drastically. 

1) USU - Add a good athletic PG and the Aggies will dominate assuming Queta stays which is likely

2) UNR- Depends on Musselman staying. Per Pack fan accounts lots of good players waiting in the wings

3) SDSU- Two very good transfers will improve the back court. The front court will determine how good they will be. Mensah has got to improve and be more aggressive. McDaniels staying will be key. If he leaves big trouble. Arop, Mitchell, and Shackel need to step up their games. If all falls into place they will be good. If McDaniels leaves and the front court falters, the Aztecs take a dive. 

4) BSU- Good nucleus returning in JJ, Alston, and Hobbs. Post position needs improvement. PG recruit Dennis looks like a keeper. Depth will be much better. The UO transfer adds athleticism. If The UA transfer Akot is eligible Boise State will challenge USU for the top spot. 

5) FSU- Loss of the two senior guards Taylor and Huggins will hurt. Grimes is a good post. Incoming recruits will determine Fresnos fate. 

6) Air Force- Return just about the whole team. They could rise significantly in the standings if they continue to improve. Love their point guard, post, and forward. This team is not going to be easy to beat. 

7) UNM- Huge disappointment this year. If they put a good PG on this team they could turn into MWC contenders. My gut feeling is this team will be back next year. 

8) CSU- Has the best post in the MWC. Put better players around him and they will improve. 

9) UNLV- The most unknown team in the MWC. Bring in a solid coach and keep players from leaving and they will be good. If none of that happens they are in big trouble.

10) Wyoming- Losing James is a big loss. Returning players off the injury list will make them better. How much better, who knows? 

11) SJSU- will continue to drag the conference RPI down. Two starters have already left. They have no hope. 

1. Utah St

2. San Diego St

3. Nevada

4. Fresno St

5. Air Force

6. Boise St

7. UNLV

8. New Mexico

9. Colorado St

10. Wyoming

11. San Jose St

I haven't seen anything from New Mexico to show they can get into the MWC these two years, UNLV I think is the biggest question mark going into next year. Teams that have been rebuilding are going to continue to get better and i think Utah St will expand on their success from this year. Nevada is going to take a drop back next year with Muss as head coach......he isn't going anywhere. Would be shocked if he did

Lobos have a few transfers coming in next year, and I think we'll have the deepest and most talented back court in the league. 

1. Utah Stae

2. New Mexico

3. Boise State

4. San Diego State

5. Fresno State

6. Nevada

7. Colorado State

8. Wyoming

9. Air Force

10. UNLV

11. San Jose State 

15 hours ago, mugtang said: