Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Special Counsel Robert Mueller III has submitted his report to Attorney General Barr

Just now, SleepingGiantsFan said:

By whom?

The twittersphere.  Just those morons.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, jackmormon said:

I’m disappointed, but I’m guessing the details of the report will not make Trump look good.

The most relevant parts are the summary are the direct quotes from Mueller. The rest of it is from Barr.  *It "does not conclude that the President committed a crime" but "also does not exonerate him"

iIt has been reported that Mueller has passed off parts of his investigation to SDNY and the DC District who are continuing their investigations.

Mueller was not involved in or consulted about the drafting of Barr’s letter.

Disappointed?  That is a curious reaction.  You are disappointed that the POTUS did not collude with the Russians to win an election?  You are hoping there is more in the report that will make him look bad.  Politics over country!

I've stayed out of this conversation for the last two years because I wasn't sure if any of this had legs. To me there was enough smoke to warrant an investigation and I've been content to let it play out. Because of how Mueller  has conducted himself in the past I was willing to accept whatever conclusions he arrived at. To me this investigation was about one thing; Did Trump, or his campaign collude with the Russians? In my mind Mueller has answered that question and it's time to move on. Although, it's pretty entertaining to watch the pundits on CNN and MSNBC  hold out hope that there is still something there. I'm not a Trumper, I can't stand the man, but this outcome is good for the country, the alternative would have led to a shit storm I'm not sure we could have recovered from. 

Why anyone would trust Barr on this is beyond me. I find his release of this summary suspicious to say the least. It won’t matter now what’s actually in the report. It could confirm the pee tape story for all any of us know, but even if it did, this reaction is the only one anyone will remember. No collusion. No obstruction. So says the attorney for what amounts to an organized crime syndicate. It’d be depressing if it wasn’t all so predictable.

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

My favorite would have been conspiracy to defraud by Trump and Pence, and then they resign, but alas, I respect Mueller's findings.

Remember though, Trump is still implicated in felonies others have pled guilty to.

Lol. Haters gonna keep hating.

2 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I've never been a Hillary supporter, nor do I refer to her as "Clinton," and I therefore meant the investigation of Bill for the Whitewater thing.

As to Trump's criminality, as I've said multiple times, I expect that, as predicted by Bannon after Trump fired him, the fake president will be determined to have laundered money and cheated bigly on his taxes. Although the Mueller report does not find Trump to have obstructed justice, it makes no finding on that and although you and I will undoubtedly disagree, I believe him to likely be culpable of that as well.

Of course you do. What else is new? 

22 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Why anyone would trust Barr on this is beyond me. I find his release of this summary suspicious to say the least. It won’t matter now what’s actually in the report. It could confirm the pee tape story for all any of us know, but even if it did, this reaction is the only one anyone will remember. No collusion. No obstruction. So says the attorney for what amounts to an organized crime syndicate. It’d be depressing if it wasn’t all so predictable.

Jesus could be resurrected and say Trump wasn’t guilty and you still wouldn’t believe it. 

31 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

You really are too stupid to be allowed to vote. 

2 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

You really are too stupid to be allowed to vote. 

Why? Because I’m skeptical of what a trump propagandist has to say about a report I’ll never be allowed to read?

3 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Why? Because I’m skeptical of what a trump propagandist has to say about a report I’ll never be allowed to read?

Barr isn’t a Trump propagandist. You may be thinking of Whitaker.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, BYUcougfan said:

Disappointed?  That is a curious reaction.  You are disappointed that the POTUS did not collude with the Russians to win an election?  You are hoping there is more in the report that will make him look bad.  Politics over country!

Disappointed in the way the AG is handeling it. There were over 100 contacts between Russians and the Trump campaign. They lied about every one.

i think footnote one is important. It doesn’t say that there wasn’t activities taken in concert with people acting on behalf of the Russians. It says there was no agreement made between the Russian government and the Trump campaign.

(Footnote 1: In assessing potential conspiracy charges, the Special Counsel also considered whether members of the Trump campaign “coordinated” with Russian election interference activities. The Special Counsel defined “coordination” as an “agreement — tacit or express — between the Trump Campaign and the Russian government on election interference.”)

8 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Washington (CNN)Nearly a year before his letter Sunday telling lawmakers he did not believe President Donald Trump committed obstruction of justice, Attorney General William Barr authored a memo saying he thought the obstruction investigation was "fatally misconceived."

Barr, then a private citizen and former attorney general to President George H. W. Bush, issued the memo to senior Justice Department officials in June 2018.

45 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Call your congressman and tell him that the investigations should continue at all cost.  Tell him it is more important than any of our Country's business or security.  The public demands it!

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

No I’m thinking of Barr. Trump yammered for two years about wanting his ag to “protect” him and then he drags this guy out of the trash heap of criminal administrations past. I don’t trust him at all and neither should anyone else. None of this means anything until the full report is released, which, per trumps request I’m sure, will never happen.

3 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

Call your congressman and tell him that the investigations should continue at all cost.  Tell him it is more important than any of our Country's business or security.  The public demands it!

Investigations are continuing in New York and dc. Your messiah isn’t out of the woods yet.