Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Eric Musselman

5 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

That's one McDonald's All American? Name another?

giphy.gif

Bruh, how many have we signed?  :blink:

How many regular season and MWCT titles do you guys have without one? 

29 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

To be fair, I'm a naysayer of long standing. The result was easy to see. EASY...to see. Just as the future is easy to see to anyone who chooses to see it.

58 wins the last two years. 

Tell me SDSU’s future with Dutch, Nostradamus?

21 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

That's one.  Name another.

Cameron Oliver and Lindsey Drew were pretty good. Next year KJ Hymes and Jordan Brown will get a lot more playing time and prove to be good contributors. 

5 minutes ago, Gator 82 said:

How many regular season and MWCT titles do you guys have without one? 

I get hat you're saying, but that's a different discussion altogether. 

SDSUF made the claim Muss hasn't recruited, which is simply not true. Has he disproportionately focused on upperclassman transfers? Without a doubt. And I think UNR pays the toll next year. But to state he has done nothing to bring in tomorrow's starters is simply false.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

5 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

58 wins the last two years. 

Tell me SDSU’s future with Dutch, Nostradamus?

Making you our bitch just like we have been since you joined this goat f*ckery of a conference?

17 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

That's one McDonald's All American? Name another?

giphy.gif

Bruh, how many have we signed?  :blink:

LOL.  Not setting the bar that high. Name another FRESHMAN...or name another incoming HS recruit.  They had 3 fresmen. They're down to 2.  They had 1 incoming recruit who De-comitted. Other than that, a bunch of JC transfers and warm bodies plus possibly Drew if he can stay healthy and Johnson.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

35 minutes ago, Gator 82 said:

Don’t be so sensitive Francis, you can deal it but you can’t take it. Besides, the topic is about UNR not UNLV, but you seem to have a fascination about everything UNLV. I bet you couldn’t go 1 thread without mentioning UNLV just once.

Ahh, somebody is still mad about being proven a fool.  Don't worry, your case of TDS (Thad derangement syndrome) will eventually pass.

What you should be doing, instead of posting on this thread, is apologizing to all those people who were trying to reason with you while you made an ass of yourself defending Matta to vegas, Twitter rumors. What a witless, idiot you are.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

LOL.  Not setting the bar that high. Name another FRESHMAN...or name another incoming HS recruit.  They had 3 fresmen. They're down to 2.  They had 1 incoming recruit who De-comitted. Other than that, a bunch of JC transfers and warm bodies plus possibly Drew if he can stay healthy and Johnson.

Let me try this again. I get what your'e saying. And I don't even necessarily disagree about Muss' motives. Like you, I can speculate, and I think that it is indeed possible he took this gig envisioning it to be a four-year springboard to bigger and better things. Plus, iIf you look at his coaching career, he is something of a journeyman; this is the longest stint in any one place in his entire career.

But the truth is neither of us knows what is inside the man's head. I've already stated upthread that I think it's likely he bounces; his perceived value will likely take a dip over the next couple seasons, so pragmatically, if he had designs to springboard elsewhere, now would be the right time to do so.

However, there is another possibility. His NBA-centric coaching career makes him attractive to transfers with NBA aspirations. We've already seen how well he has done assembling a team with transfer starters - there's no reason to think he can't do so again. Furthermore, the fact he's stayed in Reno for longer than he's stayed anywhere else might speak to a sense of stability he's found where he is. 

Either way, I don't necessarily disagree with a lion's share of what you wrote, even if I don't share your certitude. The only issue I took with your post was the bullshit comment that he hasn't recruited anybody. 

4 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

How pissed would you guys be if UNLV hires muss?

I would commit seppuku. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

25 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Ahh, somebody is still mad about being proven a fool.  Don't worry, your case of TDS (Thad derangement syndrome) will eventually pass.

What you should be doing, instead of posting on this thread, is apologizing to all those people who were trying to reason with you while you made an ass of yourself defending Matta to vegas, Twitter rumors. What a witless, idiot you are.

Show me one time I ever mentioned the name Matta retard.

Just now, rebelcuff said:

Even you would have to get a laugh out of that.

This would be me. 

sarcastic jim carrey GIF

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater