Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Poll: Is Eric Musselman Nevada’s Coach Next Year?

Musselman  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Is he Nevada’s Coach Next Year?

• Yes
    • No

To be honest if he is offered some huge money...this is his year to bolt.

I just think he hurt his stock a little by the early MWCT NCAA exit

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Just now, BestintheWest said:

I just think he hurt his stock a little by the winning MWC and at least 1st rd game.

I know we’re going to offer him more money but I’m not sure how much.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Its hard to say, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he bolts. He loses 5 seniors, and even with his dream team was only able to get a 7 seed and lose in the 1st round. 

Maybe games like this will make him realize how much easier it is at even a middle of the road SEC team. You can go 18-15 and still have a better chance at winning than 29-4.

Its hard to say, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he bolts. He loses 5 seniors, and even with his dream team was only able to get a 7 seed and lose in the 1st round. 

Maybe games like this will make him realize how much easier it is at even a middle of the road SEC team. You can go 18-15 and still have a better chance at winning than 29-4.

1 minute ago, bigd said:

I always thought this team was his big pay day and exit strategy. Now, I'm not so sure what his options will be.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Just now, BestintheWest said:

I always thought this team was his big pay day and exit strategy. Now, I'm not so sure what his options will be.

Yeah no doubt this will hurt his national desireability. Particularly for schools who don't want to build with transfers.

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I know we’re going to offer him more money but I’m not sure how much.  

If he gets an offer from the PAC he will leave, otherwise I believe you have a good chance to retain him for a year or two.  Let's hope you can keep him for at least one year.

5 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

I just think he hurt his stock a little by the early MWCT NCAA exit

Agree with this - If some school wants to toss a lot of $$ at him, he best take it.........anyone with eyes could question his coaching over the last month & this might be the best season he ever sees at Nevada (pre-NCAA tournament) 

I hope he stays, but my head says he goes. Maybe he didn't have a run like last year to capitalize on, but it's going to take a while to get back to this level IMO - it's not like he can call the warehouse and order more Martin twins or Fire Extinguisher anti-repairmen.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

The 1st round exit may just help Reno long-term if it gives any other program second thoughts on offering Muss a fat contract. A decent run (Sweet-16 or better) would've almost assured Muss to be the hottest coaching commodity on the market. 

I think he takes the first fat contract offer he gets considering Reno is in for a bit of a reload after this season  

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

When will our good friend PH post to say "I told you so"

This was a good year for Nevada of the north, not so much for Nevada of the South. I enjoy the rivalry, even from a far distance.

Guest #1Stunner
12 minutes ago, 1066 said:

If he gets an offer from the PAC he will leave, otherwise I believe you have a good chance to retain him for a year or two.  Let's hope you can keep him for at least one year.

Who in the PAC12 is interested in hiring him? 

I doubt UCLA is interested.  Wazzu? 

The one thing he has at Reno that he probably wouldn't anywhere else is, control. He controls the city. He can pretty much run everything the way he wants and the town eats it up. His wife has a big role as well. He is a big time celebrity in the city. Hell the entire family are celebrities now and he is building the program into exactly what he wants. But, money talks. 

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Who in the PAC12 is interested in hiring him? 

I doubt UCLA is interested.  Wazzu? 

I think you named the two most probable. UCLA will look to the P5 first but if several refuse the bruins Muss may get a chance.