Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aggzilla

NCAA Tournament thread 3/21- non MW

1 hour ago, Rebels2k3 said:

Thank god Kentucky is out!

It's good to have some surprise teams in the Final Four. Kudos to Auburn (first time since 1984) and Texas Tech (first time ever). :cheers: 

54 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

This is what I find funny.  There is no doubt in my mind that three times in a five year period (1987, 1990 and 1991), UNLV had the best team in the country.  Despite that, they only won one national championship.

That's how it works. The best team in the most dominant year still probably only beats the 12th best team 7 times out of 10. You play 3 games minimum against that level of competition... so even the best team only has a 34 percent chance of winning it all from the elite 8 on.  

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

23 minutes ago, azinco said:

fify

That's what I thought, but Jim Nantz said the first time since 1984. Oh well...it's still good news. :thumbsup:

17 hours ago, crixus said:

Gonzaga does it yet again...

choking-thumb2163724.jpg

6 hours ago, renoskier said:

Pffftttt....not TUNLVfan. They expect championships!

hmmm.. looks to be a SJSU fan there.. ^ ^ ^

I would gladly take Gonzaga's record over the last several years. But then, if I'm being honest, I'd probably throw it in your face, lol.

6 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

I bet on Izzos on Moneyline today. yay.

but Ive been doing SHITTY on most  other tourney bets.

Congrats on your bet. But I don't know anyone who picked Texas Tech to make it this far. I wi$h I did. 

Just now, soupslam1 said:

Texas Tech and MSU is going to be a slugfest. Both teams grind you down with their defense. 

I kinda like MSU here. Winston vs Culver will be a great match-up, but I think Michigan State has too much size and physicality. They are not going to wilt like Gonzaga.

are we seeing a trend of "non-1 and done programs" doing better than "1 and done type programs" in the tournament?

I think we are, TTU, Auburn, Virginia and Michigan St are certainly not programs where kids make an immediate jump to the NBA after their freshman year. Same is true of Villanova over the past 3 seasons. 

That's good for the sport.