Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluerules009

This is pretty obvious. 20 year olds are not adults in any way or form

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-47622059

People don't become fully "adult" until they're in their 30s, according to brain scientists.

Currently the UK law says you become a mature adult when you reach the age of 18.

Scientists who study the brain and nervous system say the age at which you become an adult is different for everyone.

Research suggests people aged 18 are still going through changes in the brain which can affect behaviour and make them more likely to develop mental health disorders.

Despite this, Professor Jones says he believes experienced criminal judges recognise the difference between a 19-year-old defendant and a "hardened criminal" in their late 30s.

"I think the system is adapting to what's hiding in plain sight, that people don't like (the idea of) a caterpillar turning into a butterfly," he said.

"There isn't a childhood and then an adulthood. People are on a pathway, they're on a trajectory."

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

So we trust scientists all of a sudden when there could be more dem votes in play.

image.jpeg.0762315655708b1d5281ee22db65145a.jpeg

Tools probably believes that nobody should be allowed to vote unless they agree with his politics.

Just now, Lester_in_reno said:

yeah that's what I thought.

I mean, if you had an opinion that disagreed with that stance, then you'd obviously just be an ignorant racist moron.

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

Just let Tools decide who is and isn't allowed to vote. It seems like the most logical solution.

I didn't suggest anyone shouldn't vote in this thread.

I just linked an article discussing the view of a scientist.   We all know how important science is to people like you! :hahaha:

HA!@ HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

17 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

You of course don't trust the scientists when it hurts your team.

Right back at you hypocrite.

Except, he didn't say, nor imply, he didn't trust scientists now. ^^^Spews vocal diarrhea about others' education and intelligence levels. Has demonstrated numerous times he lacks basic reading comprehension.

21 hours ago, toonkee said:

So we trust scientists all of a sudden when there could be more dem votes in play.

10 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Except, he didn't say, nor imply, he didn't trust scientists now. ^^^Spews vocal diarrhea about others' education and intelligence levels. Has demonstrated numerous times he lacks basic reading comprehension.

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

16 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Only the oldest person in the country at any given time should be allowed to vote in national elections. Oldest in the state for state elections and so on. 

There. That’s settled.

I'd like to give babies in the womb the right to vote

The World Needs More Cowboys!

On 3/19/2019 at 5:37 PM, toonkee said:

I wouldn't care if any votes anywhere were in play, 16 year olds are dipshits who,as a whole, are not mentally capable of being adults. I don't want them voting for any party or issue