Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

Question for Nevada fans...

7 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Lube oughtta work.  What we did to Hawaii warrants that

I don't even get half a fire hydrant?   Not cool.

No way! Those are badges of honor earned by an actual melt. By contrast, your counter-troll was an act of intellect, not emotion. It's like breaking fire extinguisher glass for pragmatic reasons (e.g., there's a fire) instead of punching it because umadbro. 

I will however give you 2 1/2 trolls for what was a respectable take. Well done.

2point5-Trolls100.jpg

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

2 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

I like the Stunner shtick... nice work. 

Seriously tho... doesn't the fact that even this thread - a derivative thread on how the UNLV-has-no-coach-again-thread has way more interest than the Nevada tournament thread - has nearly as much traffic as your tournament thread bother you?

Even ph's "Shitshow" thread - a 2nd thread on UNLV sitting on their couch - has generated more traffic than your game thread. Why do you think Nevada fans are so apathetic? :shrug:

7 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Seriously tho... doesn't the fact that even this thread - a derivative thread on how the UNLV-has-no-coach-again-thread has way more interest than the Nevada tournament thread - has nearly as much traffic as your tournament thread bother you?

Even ph's "Shitshow" thread - a 2nd thread on UNLV sitting on their couch - has generated more traffic than your game thread. Why do you think Nevada fans are so apathetic? :shrug:

I generally also like to think there are less Pack fans who like to bitch at each other back and forth for 20+ pages lol

8k3esKz.png

7 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Seriously tho? Stunner 101! 

9 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

It's human psychology to be attracted to watching a giant dumpster filled with flames instead of any other action that stays within the boundaries of normal

10 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

No it does not bother us. That would make us insecure. Like the fans of teams that are not playing right now. These other threads are a good distraction for a few days until our team plays again.

7 minutes ago, MussBus said:

No it does not bother us. That would make us insecure. Like the fans of teams that are not playing right now. These other threads are a good distraction for a few days until our team plays again.

2melt.jpg

Decent effort for a noob... worthy of a solid 2 IMO. Of course, if we have to reclassify you into the sock division, I might have to knock it down a half-'guisher.

But it doesn't answer the question tho - when we're in the tourney, our (pre)game threads stay at the top of the forum. So what gives?

6 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

2melt.jpg

Decent effort for a noob... worthy of a solid 2 IMO. Of course, if we have to reclassify you into the sock division, I might have to knock it down a half-'guisher.

But it doesn't answer the question tho - when we're in the tourney, our (pre)game threads stay at the top of the forum. So what gives?

Ahh the classic "noob" response. Always a go to when you really don't have anything good to say. 

I did answer your question. After posting almost 6,000 posts on this board maybe you forget what you type. I can see that happening when you are trying to troll us noobs.

Here is your question:

"doesn't the fact that even this thread - a derivative thread on how the UNLV-has-no-coach-again-thread has way more interest than the Nevada tournament thread - has nearly as much traffic as your tournament thread bother you?"

Answering your question again...no it does not bother me and dare I answer for all Pack fans "us." 

10 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

There's better things to do....like Spring skiing!!! 

Lightbox image placeholder

Happy Spring Equinox!!!

1 hour ago, MussBus said:

Ahh the classic "noob" response. Always a go to when you really don't have anything good to say. 

I did answer your question. After posting almost 6,000 posts on this board maybe you forget what you type. I can see that happening when you are trying to troll us noobs.

Here is your question:

"doesn't the fact that even this thread - a derivative thread on how the UNLV-has-no-coach-again-thread has way more interest than the Nevada tournament thread - has nearly as much traffic as your tournament thread bother you?"

Answering your question again...no it does not bother me and dare I answer for all Pack fans "us." 

It's a shame you didn't lead with this post... it's a solid 3- 3 1/2. :thumbsup:

FWIW, you received (a solid) 2 fire extinguishers for your projection on the OP - being a noob was only relevant to your score, nothing else. But if you like, I can revise your score to give you 1 1/2 fire extinguishers (as I would if you were a sock)? :shrug:

3 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Happy Spring Equinox!!!

Buddy, now you're talking to me!

Springtime is SoCal provides a bounty of things to keep us natives occupied while we cheer for our conference brethren. :cheers:

4 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Happy Spring Equinox!!!

BTW, a little spring equinox trivia...

Anybody know how (paleo) pagans celebrated the spring equinox? It is one of four major sabbats (holidays) on the pagan sabbatical 'wheel.' Europeans would celebrate the spring equinox by having festivals to honor the goddess of spring and fertility. Amongst Germanic peoples, they called this goddess Oestre. However, in the British Isles, they spelled her name a little differently: Eastre. 

And how did all those two-tooth Brits honor Eastre? By making hare pies*, as rabbits and their rep for being überfertile were traditionally celebrated on the sabbat.

giphy.gif

*Not to be confused with eating hair pies, a provincial Easter tradition more-or-less confined to Island of Lesbos.

You know, it just struck me... could the apathy Nevada fans have for their team be due to the predictions they will get bounced in the first round? :shrug:

And it's not just blogs... here's Athlon's take.

So what say you Reno? Could your relative lack of enthusiasm and interest be due to a need to temper your expectations? In that sense, Reno really is the anti-Vegas.

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

You know, it just struck me... could the apathy Nevada fans have for their team be due to the predictions they will get bounced in the first round? :shrug:

And it's not just blogs... here's Athlon's take.

So what say you Reno? Could your relative lack of enthusiasm and interest be due to a need to temper your expectations? In that sense, Reno really is the anti-Vegas.

You know, your entire conglomeration of trolling posts on this thread deserve a full 5 extinguishers 

9 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

You know, your entire conglomeration of trolling posts on this thread deserve a full 5 extinguishers 

Someone has a word of the day calendar! :D

However, while I'm happy that this new international standard melt rating is beginning to take hold, I'm afraid you don't understand the whole meaning of the rating system. :(

The vacillation between happy and sad your posts provide is giving me a case of the feels, Blueneck.

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

However, while I'm happy that this new international standard melt rating is beginning to take hold, I'm afraid you don't understand the whole meaning of the rating system. :(

The vacillation between happy and sad your posts provide is giving me a case of the feels, Blueneck.

So you do feel.

4 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Your trolling is a microaggressive indicator of melting. One doth not protest less one hath succumbed to envious purpose