Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

Question for Nevada fans...

30 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I see a few reactionary hurt feelings in this thread.

Look... I'm not the one responsible for people finding a mediocre, rudderless, meandering, coachless UNLV team that's spending March on the couch watching TV to be more relevant than the other Nevada team that will be playing on it. 

I do think it's nice some of you keep mentioning SDSU... but maybe this is why you guys have a hard time being/staying relevant? :shrug:

I suggest you maybe take a quiet minute or two to contemplate this... You might just find your irrelevance was inside of you the whole time. 

Me reading this post:

723D6A4B-B030-42B5-9D4F-70E0ED087C56.gif

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

You have to admit that it is pretty amazing that a basketball powerhouse that once was has fallen so far. It is amazing the revolving door that job at UNLV has become. This is what happens when you can't pay players like you used to.

What's more sad? UNLV coaching search thread getting way more pliers and views..... or other fans filled with bitterness, still being obsessed with finding anything they can to throw shade at Nevada fans,

6 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

What's more sad? UNLV coaching search thread getting way more pliers and views..... or other fans filled with bitterness, still being obsessed with finding anything they can to throw shade at Nevada fans,

3pt5melt300.jpg

I was going to give you a solid three fire extinguishers but you went the extra mile with the f*cked up punctuation and IMO really earned that extra half-'guisher. Solid post - good job.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

3 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

3pt5melt300.jpg

I was going to give you a solid three fire extinguishers but you went the extra mile with the f*cked up punctuation and IMO really earned that extra half-'guisher. Solid post - good job.

It's difficult typing proper when I'm constantly winning at doing other things. By the way, there shouldn't be a hyphen there grammar hippie.

Just now, jdgaucho said:

I can roll with this new rating scale. 

Now that you've seconded the notion, we need @mugtang to drop the gavel and make it official. This should become our new MWCBoarding official meltdown rating scale.

Then, at the end of each year, we can award the MWCBoarder who got the most fire extinguishers the coveted Golden Melt Award:

GMA.jpg

4 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

It's difficult typing proper when I'm constantly winning at doing other things. By the way, there shouldn't be a hyphen there grammar hippie.

2melt300.jpg

Sorry, but only one entry is allowed per Renite. And speaking of winning, since your last crib was significantly better than this one, we'll keep that score and toss out this one.

4 hours ago, PlayersinVegas said:

Aye I’m a NMSU fan as well lol y’all best chance at a win was last year. I dunno maybe you can catch Auburn sleeping...

I think any mid-major team to win in the NCAA needs either the next NBA all-star to play for them, playing at near NBA level (this year's Murray State, next year's Utah State), or a deep team full of juniors and seniors (last year's Loyola team, this year's Nevada team), and you can't be coached by an idiot. Sadly, NMSU never had all the right factors over these past 10 years. When we had an NBA all-star in Pascal Siakam, we didn't make the NCAAs in his second year (when he was ready to go to the NBA) because the team was 1-dimensional. In his freshman year, he wasn't that good yet. When we had a deep team full of Theus recruits in Year 3 that took Final Four MSU to the wire, Marvin Menzies was still coach. Jans' first year, we needed more scorers. Jones and Lofton are both explosive but they are D-Leaguers in the NBA. Honestly, if Braxton Huggins didn't transfer to Fresno, we probably make the S16 last year, but I can't blame him. He's been successful wherever he goes and I'm glad he got to play closer to home.

3 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

2melt300.jpg

Sorry, but only one entry is allowed per Renite. And speaking of winning, since your last crib was significantly better than this one, we'll keep that score and toss out this one.

If you're going to troll, do it properly. Make the extinguishers silver and blue.

2 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

If you're going to troll, do it properly. Make the extinguishers silver and blue.

Can't, as it's a universal metldown scale now, an international standard. It might confuse our non-conference brethren if we made them any color other than red.

7 minutes ago, Sputnik46 said:

As thanks for your attempt to increase traffic on our tourney thread, I thought I would return the favor and post on your NIT thread. Can you give me an assist and tell me where it’s located?

3ptmelt300.jpg

So close to 3 1/2 fire extinguishers! If only you had made your observation of our post-season absence a declaration instead of a question...

But to answer your question, we're taking the postseason off so we don't steal your thunder. If an off-season dumpster fire UNLV thread about looking for a new coach is more popular than your tournament game thread, imagine if the might Aztecs were playing in the post-season - people might forget you even exist.

Aztec Mesa going off about the AAC deal.  Hey @TheSanDiegan, they're spewing nonsense again about alleged potential irreparable harm to their basketball program.

Because staying in the MW helped you get Michael Cage Jr.  Oh wait... 

2 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Aztec Mesa going off about the AAC deal.  Hey @TheSanDiegan, they're spewing nonsense again about alleged potential irreparable harm to their basketball program.

Because staying in the MW helped you get Michael Cage Jr.  Oh wait... 

IMO it's a harbinger of good things to come for this goat f*ckery of a conference. But don't you worry... One we've renegotiated our own TV contract we'll make sure to put aside enough change to buy Big Dub gyms another flashlight to share. Or a fleshlight - whichever you think will make Big West basketball more watchable.

2 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

IMO it's a harbinger of good things to come for this goat f*ckery of a conference. But don't you worry... One we've renegotiated our own TV contract we'll make sure to put aside enough change to buy Big Dub gyms another flashlight to share. Or a fleshlight - whichever you think will make Big West basketball more watchable.

Lube oughtta work.  What we did to Hawaii warrants that

I don't even get half a fire hydrant?   Not cool.