Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

SJSU is Basically a JC Athletics-wise

They seriously just need to drop down, its better for both parties. Its too bad they waited too long, and now the Big West won't take them. 

Oh well, the WAC is looking like a decent conference these days, maybe they can help it bring back football.

Image result for atomic bomb explosion gif

7 hours ago, bigd said:

They seriously just need to drop down, its better for both parties. Its too bad they waited too long, and now the Big West won't take them. 

Oh well, the WAC is looking like a decent conference these days, maybe they can help it bring back football.

The last thing anyone needs is  SJSU’s help with Football.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

10 hours ago, bigd said:

I think SJSU would be a better fit in the Big Sky. If WAC, they should drop football because there is no way WAC will become an FBS football conference and going independent would not work out for Joser.

Guest #1Stunner
13 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I think SJSU would be a better fit in the Big Sky. If WAC, they should drop football because there is no way WAC will become an FBS football conference and going independent would not work out for Joser.

SJSU should join the WAC.   It's their only really option.   The Big West and the Big Sky are already too big, and have no desire to expand further for basketball.

And honestly, the WAC is turning out to be a decent basketball conference.   SJSU and its athletes would have more fun in the WAC.

SJSU could then either kill football, or join the Big Sky as a football only member.

It would be bat shit crazy for SJSU to leave the MWC and go Indy in football just so they could join the WAC, however, they are one of the few schools that could pull off independence.

Northern California is a great recruiting area and plenty of Power 5's would do home-and-home's with them because they could recruit the area will obtaining a free FBS win.

Guest #1Stunner
11 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

SJSU should join a gym league like the West Coast Conference- their facilities fit right in. 

For football they should go independent and suffer a slow death. 

You still mad that USD got an NIT bid, and Fresno got passed over?

Maybe next year.

41 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

SJSU should join the WAC.   It's their only really option.   The Big West and the Big Sky are already too big, and have no desire to expand further for basketball.

And honestly, the WAC is turning out to be a decent basketball conference.   SJSU and its athletes would have more fun in the WAC.

SJSU could then either kill football, or join the Big Sky as a football only member.

Well it would be good for the MWC to get rid of a sub 300 NET / RPI team.  This year they had 2 in Wyoming and SJSU.  The WAC had one in Chicago State.  So the WAC would then be rewarded with 2 sub 300 teams.  Lovely.  Final rpi rankings showed WAC at 15 and MWC at 16 by the way,  no doubt a result of the bottom few teams in the MWC pulling down the top 3 while at the same time the middle of the WAC teams steadily improving.  I am sure other sites will have it flipped, but my guess is most will have the 2 conferences pretty close for the 2018-19 season.  I suppose the one positive for the WAC,  at the expense of hurting power rankings moving forward, would an SJSU add would get the conference up to 10 members versus 9 for stability.  I can't think of any other than that.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_conf_Men.html

32 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

You still mad that USD got an NIT bid, and Fresno got passed over?

Maybe next year.

I’m not mad at all. It’s a beautiful day today in The Valley. All the rain this year has left us with clear skies, rolling green hills, and I can even buy a real beer at the grocery store. Have a wonderful day, elder. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg