Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Devin Nunes files suit against Twitter and specific Twitter users... including a cow

Those two accounts... @DevinNunesMom and @DevinCow. The first one has apparently been banned by twitter, but @DevinCow is still up and running.

Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Tulare, filed a lawsuit against Twitter, several of its users and a political strategist in Virginia state court on Monday, according to a Fox News report. He is asking for $250 million in damages.

The lawsuit accuses Twitter of hiding, punishing or “shadow-banning” posts with a conservative bend – including those from Nunes – while simultaneously allowing others to profit from defaming him. Nunes’ attorney, Steven S. Biss, claims Twitter acts as “allowed (and allows) its platform to serve as a portal of defamation in order to undermine public confidence in Plaintiff and to benefit his opponents and opponents of the Republican Party.”

Liz Mair – a political strategist who acted against Nunes in the previous election through the Swamp Accountability Project, a dark money group targeting President Donald Trump and his congressional allies – is the only individual named on the lawsuit. Two apparent parody Twitter accounts, “Devin Nunes’ Mom” and “Devin Nunes’ cow,” are also named.

Nunes’ lawsuit claims “Twitter contributed materially to the illegal conduct of defamers Mair, Devin Nunes’ Mom and Devin Nunes’ cow.”

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/article228102484.html

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Those two accounts... @DevinNunesMom and @DevinCow. The first one has apparently been banned by twitter, but @DevinCow is still up and running.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/article228102484.html

I could be wrong but I don’t think a public official can be defamed.  And Nunes is a bitch. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

I could be wrong but I don’t think a public official can be defamed.  And Nunes is a bitch. 

My understanding is that in the case of public figures such as politicians, you have to prove actual malice on the part of the accused defamers. Stormy Daniels had her defamation suit against Trump dropped due to the anti-SLAPP statutes in Texas where she lives. Nunes filed this suit in Virginia, but he's still subject to the anti-SLAPP statutes in California. Early indications are that this case will probably be dropped against the Twitter users and Liz Mair on similar grounds.

I think the main point is to try and draw Twitter into the mix and hold them responsible for the actions of their users in cases like this and try to prove the deep state conspiracy that Twitter is biased against conservatives. 

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

My understanding is that in the case of public figures such as politicians, you have to prove actual malice on the part of the accused defamers. Stormy Daniels had her defamation suit against Trump dropped due to the anti-SLAPP statutes in Texas where she lives. Nunes filed this suit in Virginia, but he's still subject to the anti-SLAPP statutes in California. Early indications are that this case will probably be dropped against the Twitter users and Liz Mair on similar grounds.

I think the main point is to try and draw Twitter into the mix and hold them responsible for the actions of their users in cases like this and try to prove the deep state conspiracy that Twitter is biased against conservatives. 

Twitter is free to censor whoever they want.  Free market for the win. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Image result for gillette sensor

:facepalm:

I was grocery shopping and mwcboarding at the same time. 

3 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Mair is a long time Republican strategist.

I HOPE that he tries to include Rick Wilson in his lawsuit... because holy +++++ would that be amazing.

You don't see Twitter censoring T Gowdy. For all his grandstanding  and righteously indignant facial expressions, he plays right along with the Dems when push comes to shove. #SwampRINO

Nunes was the driving force in FISA court investigation, no wonder Lefty hates and target him with such ferocity.