Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rosegreen

Washington State interested in SDSU’s HC Dutcher

11 minutes ago, bigd said:

I also heard Mark Fox and Leon Rice mentioned for WSU. 

So Thad to Boise?

Should definitely start that rumor. Wish I twittered. 

17 minutes ago, bigd said:

I also heard Mark Fox and Leon Rice mentioned for WSU. 

Leon Rice always mentioned because he's from Washington and went to WSU.

He interviewed for the job and then turned them down back in 2014 - and got a $100k raise from BSU afterwards. He would have gotten more money to go to WSU, but he had the mindset there was more potential to build a program in Boise. (and who would want to live in Pullman?)

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Leon Rice always mentioned because he's from Washington and went to WSU.

He interviewed for the job and then turned them down back in 2014 - and got a $100k raise from BSU afterwards. He would have gotten more money to go to WSU, but he had the mindset there was more potential to build a program in Boise. (and who would want to live in Pullman?)

Yeah understandable, but that was at a different point in his career. Maybe at this point he feels like he's plateaued at Boise and change would be good for both parties. 

23 minutes ago, BobbyBoSox said:

Maybe we could get Mark Fox? I would be ok with that.

Would definitely be an interesting hire. A recent article said that he wanted to take a year off, and is now looking at opportunities. 

Maybe even Trent Johnson haha, he is a Boise State alum.

7 hours ago, bigd said:

Would definitely be an interesting hire. A recent article said that he wanted to take a year off, and is now looking at opportunities. 

Trent Johnson knows how to drive a big rig?

37 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

They've already lined up Pitino. Or was it Matta. That's what my Vegas sources are saying. :rolleyes:

I think they have their choice of the two.  It is UNLV after all.  Most coaches would sacrifice their first born child just to get an interview.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

5 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I think they have their choice of the two.  It is UNLV after all.  Most coaches would sacrifice their first born child just to get an interview.

Idk... as per #MWCBoarding, you might have that backwards. If UNLV gets Pitino or Matta, it's only because SDSU didn't want him. :D

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

5 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Idk... as per #MWCBoarding, you might have that backwards. If UNLV gets Pitino or Matta, it's only because SDSU didn't want him. :D

That might be true.  Didn't Tark try two times to get the SDSU job?

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

16 hours ago, bigd said:

Fox did interview for jobs last year after being fired from Georgia. When no one hired him I think that is what caused to take a year off more but why not? Sit at home with the family and watching college basketball while still getting paid. Not a bad choice there.

23 hours ago, aztech said:

I wouldn't mind if he left for the money and wouldn't blame him.  Whoever replaces him wouldn't have an allegiance to the existing staff, which I think is marginal.  A new coach with his own staff needs to break away from Fisher's shadow.      

I think that is what some fans kind of wanted when Fisher retired. Start fresh with new coaches and such instead of what they saw just an extension of Fisher years. 

The Vegas Take's source appears to be a fraud since it's now been more than 30 hours and I've seen no evidence of anyone else reporting that WSU is interested in Dutcher.

That includes on the Wazzu message board.

And don't get me wrong. If Dutch and Wazzu love each other as much as Trump and Kim, I'm fine with the two of them getting a room.

Boom goes the dynamite.