Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sactowndog

Authoritarian Trump claims support of the right

8 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Who said you were a commie? But you damm well better start thinking how you even the playing field many like King and my right wing neighbors keep pointing to. Otherwise you might someday live in a true right wing authoritative state.   

2A5E0318-8ED6-4861-BBA6-E4A72244524A.thumb.jpeg.ca116cc7662cbfd96828c5af27f94783.jpeg

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

8 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Yeah except in my case I don’t claim allegiance to either party.  And while AOC is hardly taken seriously by bosses in her own party, Herr Cheeto has the Republicans by the nuts.   So keep distracting people where the real threat is.  

As a libertarian, I perceive all authoritarianism a threat, whether it comes from the right or the left. You are a leftist authoritarian, no doubt about that. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Yeah, because the left isn't silencing free speech on public platforms, shouting down dissenting speech, hitting people over the head with bike locks, rioting and committing violence over speakers of differing ideology or trying to eradicate the 2nd amendment at alllll......

16 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

As a libertarian, I perceive all authoritarianism a threat, whether it comes from the right or the left. You are a leftist authoritarian, no doubt about that. 

Yep sure that’s why I’m pro the intent of the second amendment and pro no corporate Income Tax.   Standard planks in a leftist platform.   

On 3/19/2019 at 5:21 PM, Mano said:

It bothers me a lot more that the POTUS does this than some random poster on a sports forum.

It should bother you even more that the media is the biggest offender, followed by bitter congress members

On 3/18/2019 at 9:27 AM, sactowndog said:

Those on the right claim we would never have to be worried about being out-gunned by the military because the military would side with the people.  

Well Trump thinks differently......

"You know, the left plays a tougher game, it's very funny. I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don't play it tougher. OK?" Trump said in an interview published last week in Breitbart News. "I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump -- I have the tough people, but they don't play it tough -- until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad."

The US is far closer to an authoritarian state from the right than the left.   Would the military defend the constitution over an idiot like Trump?  Well given 40% of Republicans think he should have the power to ban the press, I doubt they would.   

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/03/18/politics/steve-king-facebook-meme-states-fight/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

Why would you worry about something so stupid? 

kat.jpg

59 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

It should bother you even more that the media is the biggest offender, followed by bitter congress members

The media did not send out these tweets. Is there anything the POTUS can do that you will not give a pass for or deflect?

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

22 minutes ago, Mano said:

The media did not send out these tweets. Is there anything the POTUS can do that you will not give a pass for or deflect?

The media is the most divisive entity in this nation. You know damn well what they promote and imply and outright allege every single day. And Congress is just as guilty. Quit taking out all your jealous rage on an imperfect representation of what the anti establishment movement really is. And you call us zombies, you can't think for yourself, you need the media and politicians to tell you what to think 

27 minutes ago, Mano said:

Not having an emotionally crippling meltdown over every little thing the man tweets or says is not giving a pass or deflection.  Sometimes an eye roll is all that’s necessary.  Then again, I don’t suffer from the debilitating effects of TDS like you and several others on this board.

v0icAvfW.jpg

1 hour ago, NVBlueNeck said:

The media is the most divisive entity in this nation. You know damn well what they promote and imply and outright allege every single day. And Congress is just as guilty. Quit taking out all your jealous rage on an imperfect representation of what the anti establishment movement really is. And you call us zombies, you can't think for yourself, you need the media and politicians to tell you what to think 

The media is not a single entity. FFS even the word is a plural. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, NVBlueNeck said:

We were discussing a particular tweet that Trump made, and you keep trying to change the subject to the media or Congress.  That is deflecting. Feel free to start a thread about any particular bad thing the media or Congress did ( they both do plenty of bad shit ), and we can discuss that there.

Do you disagree that these Trumps tweets are divisive?

I'm a desperate man
The shit has hit the fan

2 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

Not having an emotionally crippling meltdown over every little thing the man tweets or says is not giving a pass or deflection.  Sometimes an eye roll is all that’s necessary.  Then again, I don’t suffer from the debilitating effects of TDS like you and several others on this board.

Who exactly is having a meltdown? Are we not supposed to discuss what the POTUS says? Try contributing to the discussion instead of your usual "You have TDS" narrative and memes for any criticism of the POTUS.

I'm a desperate man
The shit has hit the fan

46 minutes ago, Mano said:

Who exactly is having a meltdown? Are we not supposed to discuss what the POTUS says? Try contributing to the discussion instead of your usual "You have TDS" narrative and memes for any criticism of the POTUS.

Try not getting emotionally crippled over everything the man says.

v0icAvfW.jpg

Just now, NorCalCoug said:

Try not getting emotionally crippled over everything the man says.

Again, who is emotionally crippled? Perhaps the guy who can't directly address discussions at hand, but instead feels the need to name call?

Trump is the POTUS, what he says matters. 

I'm a desperate man
The shit has hit the fan

7 minutes ago, Mano said:

Again, who is emotionally crippled? Perhaps the guy who can't directly address discussions at hand, but instead feels the need to name call?

Trump is the POTUS, what he says matters. 

The guy who has a meltdown over everything Trump does or says - significant or not - that’s who.

v0icAvfW.jpg

Just now, NorCalCoug said:

The guy who has a meltdown over everything Trump does or says - significant or not - that’s who.

Point me to any thread where I have a meltdown, or quote something I have said that is a meltdown. I will wait.

I'm a desperate man
The shit has hit the fan

54 minutes ago, Mano said:

Point me to any thread where I have a meltdown, or quote something I have said that is a meltdown. I will wait.

Don’t bother.. That’s just his way of deflecting when he knows his justifications are ridiculous. TDS! But Hillary!

On 3/19/2019 at 5:21 PM, Mano said:

It bothers me a lot more that the POTUS does this than some random poster on a sports forum.

Apparently that's why so many love him. They apparently also like the fact he's a true war hero, unlike John McCain. I mean, Trump never got captured, right?

Boom goes the dynamite.

6 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

One thing you clearly do suffer from is an obsession with TDS.

It's nothing short of remarkable actually.

Boom goes the dynamite.