Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sactowndog

Authoritarian Trump claims support of the right

Those on the right claim we would never have to be worried about being out-gunned by the military because the military would side with the people.  

Well Trump thinks differently......

"You know, the left plays a tougher game, it's very funny. I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don't play it tougher. OK?" Trump said in an interview published last week in Breitbart News. "I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump -- I have the tough people, but they don't play it tough -- until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad."

The US is far closer to an authoritarian state from the right than the left.   Would the military defend the constitution over an idiot like Trump?  Well given 40% of Republicans think he should have the power to ban the press, I doubt they would.   

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/03/18/politics/steve-king-facebook-meme-states-fight/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

Trump is well liked and a lot more respected by the military than Obama ever was. And he is right. The right are a lot more tolerant than the left up to a point then all hell would break loose. 

Note: this should be on the Trump board. 

Just now, Akkula said:

Nice we are finally seeing Pepe the Frog memes on here.  Trump has emboldened the alt-right and the Republican party is happy to go down the rat hole.  Hopefully we won't have more frog sympathizers here soon but maybe that is what we are heading for!

Who is Pepe the Frog?  It’s a Trump Derangement Syndrome gif - appropriate for you.

v0icAvfW.jpg

2 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Incredibly idiotic...

It's memeland swastika, how could you have missed it?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

No Pepe the frog on the mwcboard. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Those on the right claim we would never have to be worried about being out-gunned by the military because the military would side with the people.  

Well Trump thinks differently......

"You know, the left plays a tougher game, it's very funny. I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don't play it tougher. OK?" Trump said in an interview published last week in Breitbart News. "I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump -- I have the tough people, but they don't play it tough -- until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad."

The US is far closer to an authoritarian state from the right than the left.   Would the military defend the constitution over an idiot like Trump?  Well given 40% of Republicans think he should have the power to ban the press, I doubt they would.   

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/03/18/politics/steve-king-facebook-meme-states-fight/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

Why do you keep trying to portray the military and the public (or public right) as opposing each other.  We're all on the same side.  No matter how hard you try to hypothetically put us in opposition towards each other, we're not.  We will never be.  Cheers!

The World Needs More Cowboys!

26 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Not sure how I missed out on it...   must be a Nazi!!!  :o

The president and the alt-right exceed at symbolism.  He gives them a wink every day.  Imagine the delight in his tweets if the killers in NZ would have been Muslims.  He would have come out with full vitriol like he did with his Muslim ban and talking about invaders and sharia.  Look how he screams about Judge Janine but never condemns what she said.   

The white nationalists know he speaks in dog whistles (or dog air horns) and speak of him glowingly in manifestos.  I know he is a white supremacist but Republicans have basically decided they are okay with that.  So the ones that aren't in agreement with him have basically just become cowards who are doing like those monkeys who cover their eyes, ears, and mouth.  They will loudly proclaim "Radical Islamic Terror" but get very sheepish when it comes to white supremacy.  It doesn't fool anyone.

Pepe is a great symbol...who could be offended by a cartoon character?  The Wall is also a great symbol.  Everyone knows, or should know what they mean.  There is nothing wrong with cartoon characters or walls until they are a dog whistle symbol to the white supremacists.

Posted Image

37 minutes ago, Akkula said:

The president and the alt-right exceed at symbolism.  He gives them a wink every day.  Imagine the delight in his tweets if the killers in NZ would have been Muslims.  He would have come out with full vitriol like he did with his Muslim ban and talking about invaders and sharia.  Look how he screams about Judge Janine but never condemns what she said.   

The white nationalists know he speaks in dog whistles (or dog air horns) and speak of him glowingly in manifestos.  I know he is a white supremacist but Republicans have basically decided they are okay with that.  So the ones that aren't in agreement with him have basically just become cowards who are doing like those monkeys who cover their eyes, ears, and mouth.  They will loudly proclaim "Radical Islamic Terror" but get very sheepish when it comes to white supremacy.  It doesn't fool anyone.

Pepe is a great symbol...who could be offended by a cartoon character?  The Wall is also a great symbol.  Everyone knows, or should know what they mean.  There is nothing wrong with cartoon characters or walls until they are a dog whistle symbol to the white supremacists.

And the left just assigns a derogatory label of one’s choosing....  racist, xenophobe, homophobe, misogynist, nazi, white nationalist, fascist, etc.  Basically, whatever the soup du jour is at the time.

v0icAvfW.jpg

Seriously disturbing for any politician to be talking about a civil war and violence toward other citizens. This shit is outrageous and disgusting. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

Not sure how I missed out on it...   must be a Nazi!!!  :o

Will go back to the usual one.

OnlyAdorableAoudad-small.gif

Yeah, it's your old standard.

Tough to know whether you've resorted to it more than Trump has said "No collusion" but you each must be pushing 1,000 by now.

Boom goes the dynamite.

4 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Yeah, it's your old standard.

Tough to know whether you've resorted to it more than Trump has said "No collusion" but you each must be pushing 1,000 by now.

Only when it’s applicable...  if folks on this forum didn’t put their TDS on display so much you wouldn’t see it all that often.

v0icAvfW.jpg

11 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Seriously disturbing for any politician to be talking about a civil war and violence toward other citizens. This shit is outrageous and disgusting. 

Yeah well perhaps you should open your eyes and see where the real authoritarian threat is coming from:  

* it’s from 40% of Republicans who believe Trump can ban the press

* it’s my neighbor and his peers who all think Muslims and the practice of Muslim religion should be banned because it’s an evil religion

* it’s the vast majority of Trumpers (and Republicans) supporting Trump over riding Article 1 of the Constitution  

* it’s the general Republican populace that as a majority supported seperating children from their mothers 

its a group of people who think they can impose their beliefs because they have all the guns and the city people don’t.   That believe like a couple on this board that the rank and file police and Army will side with then.  And you know what?  To some extent they are correct.

Leftists like @Akkula and @Boise fan better figure out how to train their side to shoot and have access to better weapons in a controlled manner or they might be living in a Trump dystopia.  

12 hours ago, pokebball said:

Why do you keep trying to portray the military and the public (or public right) as opposing each other.  We're all on the same side.  No matter how hard you try to hypothetically put us in opposition towards each other, we're not.  We will never be.  Cheers!

Because clueless.  I’m saying the military and public center - left may well be opposed.  

3 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Yeah well perhaps you should open your eyes and see where the real authoritarian threat is coming from:  

* it’s from 40% of Republicans who believe Trump can ban the press

* it’s my neighbor and his peers who all think Muslims and the practice of Muslim religion should be banned because it’s an evil religion

* it’s the vast majority of Trumpers (and Republicans) supporting Trump over riding Article 1 of the Constitution  

* it’s the general Republican populace that as a majority supported seperating children from their mothers 

its a group of people who think they can impose their beliefs because they have all the guns and the city people don’t.   That believe like a couple on this board that the rank and file police and Army will side with then.  And you know what?  To some extent they are correct.

Leftists like @Akkula and @Boise fan better figure out how to train their side to shoot and have access to better weapons in a controlled manner or they might be living in a Trump dystopia.  

I live in Idaho which is a very small representation of the US, but almost anyone I ever meet in real life that feels this way are old white people. Very rarely do I see young people that have extreme beliefs like that.

I just take solace that they’re next generation to die and my kids won’t be around people like that. I think they’re all going to be on the wrong side of history.