Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AggieSox

#8 USU vs #9 Washington

This was the first time any of your players had been in the Dance.  Nevada took a solid team into the tourney 3 years ago and lost the first appearance in awhile..

If and when USU gets in again next year they will do better.

Yeah, embarrassing that we cut it to 1 and then just went in the tank to end the game. We had been resilient all season (outside of the BYU and Nevada games) but today it just got away from us down the stretch. The Syracuse zone proved to be too much to prepare for on short notice. The good news is we were the least experienced team in the conference this year, we dressed 12 players -  6 of which were freshman so we'll see what the future holds. We could really use an athletic quick PG to drive and create for others and some wings that can stretch the court.

3 hours ago, Mike Bronson said:

Mike Bronson agrees.  Smith will be on a mission to land his next coaching gig.  Providence or Oregon St are going to need new coaches.

Nice to see you pop in. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

47 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

Yeah, embarrassing that we cut it to 1 and then just went in the tank to end the game. We had been resilient all season (outside of the BYU and Nevada games) but today it just got away from us down the stretch. The Syracuse zone proved to be too much to prepare for on short notice. The good news is we were the least experienced team in the conference this year, we dressed 12 players -  6 of which were freshman so we'll see what the future holds. We could really use an athletic quick PG to drive and create for others and some wings that can stretch the court.

McKewen would have been that guy. Too bad he left. You are right, that’s the one missing component of this years team. Add that guy next year and the Aggies will be tough to beat. Give Smith a big raise. 

6 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

36-mph winds in The Village & we lost satellite TV receptions an-hr-ago.  Thank God for TNT.com!  Can y'all get the games in Deadhorse?

Yeah, we get pretty good satellite tv there. I left the slope today, just ahead of a big blow... it went phase2 about an hour after we took off! Would have sucked to get stuck there!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

3 hours ago, brillio said:

I was counting their playin game 

And those units do count.  So ASU earned 2 for the Pac.

It seems I was wrong to buy into the hype. Queta and Merill both need another year of experience under their belt. If it's any consolation, both Aggies lost to P5 schools who were champions of their conference.

Both of our teams should be stronger next year.

1 hour ago, LoboMan59 said:

Yeah, we get pretty good satellite tv there. I left the slope today, just ahead of a big blow... it went phase2 about an hour after we took off! Would have sucked to get stuck there!

You aren't kidding about the blow.  You got out just in time. It's currently 27-mph.  We haven't wrk'd for 2-shifts & counting.  Our DishTV is still out & TNT.com took a shit on me w/3-mins left in the Utah St game.  Judging from the box score I didn't miss much.

+5-months until college f'ball starts.  :-(

27 minutes ago, renoskier said:

No, just one credit. 

However the loser of the play in also earns a credit.

The loser gets one.  The winner moves into the round of 64, earning another unit

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/sports/ncaa-money/

Dream scenario

If, by the will of the basketball gods, a team plays in the first four, and makes it all the way to final four, the conference would earn an uncommon six units, guaranteeing six annual unit payments for six years.

9 hours ago, GoNMSUAggies said:

It seems I was wrong to buy into the hype. Queta and Merill both need another year of experience under their belt. If it's any consolation, both Aggies lost to P5 schools who were champions of their conference.

Yes we both did NMSU should have beaten Auburn you were the better team. My cheering for NMSU did not help. You guys play damn good basketball

12 hours ago, GoNMSUAggies said:

The Aggies had three chances to win or tie in the last few seconds and blew them all. 

13 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

The loser gets one.  The winner moves into the round of 64, earning another unit

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/sports/ncaa-money/

Dream scenario

If, by the will of the basketball gods, a team plays in the first four, and makes it all the way to final four, the conference would earn an uncommon six units, guaranteeing six annual unit payments for six years.

Mike Bronson didn’t know you were a Syracuse fan.

The MWC... it seems like they're getting somewhere but not getting anywhere.

22 hours ago, GoNMSUAggies said:

Game really exposed  weaknesses of queta. Something that all the mountain West conference games didn't do. Good news for usu is Queta will be back as he is not yet nba ready. 

11 hours ago, Jalex4141 said:

Game really exposed  weaknesses of queta. Something that all the mountain West conference games didn't do. Good news for usu is Queta will be back as he is not yet nba ready. 

He does need to get stronger. He did not get into town until the second day of school so he missed off season workouts, if he gains some weight, and gets stronger he might become a very solid player.