Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aslowhiteguy

NIT bids?

24 minutes ago, thedude15 said:

Honestly I wish it was a MW rule that conference members can only accept a bid to the NCAAT or NIT. Those other tourneys are a joke. They are literally just a school paying for extra practices/scrimmages. 

It worked out well for us. But we had a first year coach and it made sense playing as many games as we could.

I believe we also made 200 k and change. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Greensboro vs. Campbell

Davidson vs. Lipscomb

Georgetown vs. Harvard

NC State vs. Hofstra

Indiana vs. St Francis PA

Providence vs. Arkansas

Furman vs. Wichita St

Clemson vs. Wright St

Alabama vs. Norfolk St

Colorado vs. Dayton

Xavier vs. Toledo

Texas vs. South Dakota st

TCU vs. Sam Houston St

Nebraska vs. Butler

Memphis vs. San Diego

Creighton vs. Loyola-Chi

38 minutes ago, thedude15 said:

Honestly I wish it was a MW rule that conference members can only accept a bid to the NCAAT or NIT. Those other tourneys are a joke. They are literally just a school paying for extra practices/scrimmages. 

MW won't be invited to CIT so that won't be an issue but i don't see an issue with CBI. Teams have used the tournament as a springboard for what happens the following year.

No MWC teams in the CBI either...wow!!

"Frankly my dear..I don't give a damn"!

51 minutes ago, SangerBulldog said:

bullshit but it is what it is. feel bad for the 3 seniors but this is what happens when you dont show up when you finally have some eyes on you. 

Honestly that is the only thing that makes sense to me.  They looked at our blowout vs USU and decided to take a team that played better at their conference tourney. 

Also probably helps they played NCAAT teams 8 times.  Sure then went 0-8 but 3 of there loses were close lol.  Plus they lost to 6 non tourney teams.

Fresno on the other hand a 1-4 vs tourney teams with a couple of close loses. And then 5 loses vs non tourney teams.

SDSU was 3-5 vs tourney teams and had 8 loses to non tourney teams. Sure the loss vs San Diego hurt them (or Fresno or however the last team left out of the NIT was). 

Also glad I did not lay any money down on Fresno to win the NIT at 60-1 odds. I saw that on Wednesday and was figuring why not throw $50 down on it.  They reason I decided against it was cause I thought we a had a chance at the NCAAT (ie winning the MWT) not because I thought we would be left out of the NIT. Don't get me wrong our resume was not that impressive but I was still expecting a 6 seed in the NIT.

12 minutes ago, thedude15 said:

Honestly that is the only thing that makes sense to me.  They looked at our blowout vs USU and decided to take a team that played better at their conference tourney. 

Also probably helps they played NCAAT teams 8 times.  Sure then went 0-8 but 3 of there loses were close lol.  Plus they lost to 6 non tourney teams.

Fresno on the other hand a 1-4 vs tourney teams with a couple of close loses. And then 5 loses vs non tourney teams.

SDSU was 3-5 vs tourney teams and had 8 loses to non tourney teams. Sure the loss vs San Diego hurt them (or Fresno or however the last team left out of the NIT was). 

you make some good points..but still. this is bullshit 

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

Goddamned +++++ing joke... how the +++++ does San Diego, with a losing record in their conference and lower NET get a 6 seed while we're left out? A +++++ing joke.

hopefully Memphis will destroy San Diego at FedExForum as punishment ;-)

mem skyline sig.jpeg