Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chrysis

#7 Nevada vs #10 Florida

28 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

There is a lot going on below the surface that outsiders will never know. Whatever it was torpedo the teams chemistry and the end results were the meltdown in Utah and the early exits from the MW and NCAAs.  Muss lost the team in some respects. Huge black eye on his coaching and leadership abilities.

Did this have anything to do with why Porter never saw the floor in the 2nd half yesterday?

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

26 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I think there is something too this. Maybe we were too old. Experience is good. But when everybody is aware of the stakes and knows this is the end if we blow it, that’s a big guillotine hanging over the head. They knew it was the END end if they lost, and they played like it. Missed that Josh Hall don’t give a +++++ because I’ll live to play another day to loosen everyone up.

I kept thinking this same thing through the entire game. It almost appeared like the Pack played either really tight or like they didn't care. Whatever the case was, they just looked broken. I have to wonder what the team chemistry was like down the stretch and especially after that night in Logan. It was so obvious that Jazz and the Martins were avoiding passing the ball to Caroline in the last 5 min. (and rightfully so).

Anyway, I was bummed that they lost after being so excited to see what this team was going to do this year in the tourney. Muss has been saying for weeks now that no one cares about conference titles or conference tourneys, all that matters is the NCAA tourney so I thought they would come out with their hair on fire.

16 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Did this have anything to do with why Porter never saw the floor in the 2nd half yesterday?

Porter has blood sugar issues. In any case from a fan perspective, if we’re going down dying I’d rather Jazz be out there than Porter. I trust Jazz, never got there with Porter. Muss apparently felt the same way.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

26 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

Honestly, I would be totally out of line to repeat 2nd and 3rd hand rumors. The stuff Murray wrote about last night is enough for the average fan to infer shit wasn't kosher with the team dynamics. 

Would you mind posting a link? 

6 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

I kept thinking this same thing through the entire game. It almost appeared like the Pack played either really tight or like they didn't care. Whatever the case was, they just looked broken. I have to wonder what the team chemistry was like down the stretch and especially after that night in Logan. It was so obvious that Jazz and the Martins were avoiding passing the ball to Caroline in the last 5 min. (and rightfully so).

Anyway, I was bummed that they lost after being so excited to see what this team was going to do this year in the tourney. Muss has been saying for weeks now that no one cares about conference titles or conference tourneys, all that matters is the NCAA tourney so I thought they would come out with their hair on fire.

They all played hard. But the team never felt like they gelled into a group that loves each other. Too many mouths to feed, not enough minutes, Muss’s eccentricities about playing only a few guys anyway...we could all see kinda see it. But they were so damn good individually that they kept pulling out wins. This team had all the talent in the world. But last year and even the Marshall/Oliver team just had higher gears they could get to. They weren’t more talented but they liked each other. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

14 hours ago, bigd said:

Still much better than any run UNLV has had in your lifetime.

Sweet Sixteen/Second Round in back to back years> Sweet 16/1st round exit in back to back years. Nope, sorry. Savor it, its over.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

5 minutes ago, GoNMSUAggies said:

After some digging, do you mean this? @battle.borne

https://twitter.com/MurrayNSN/status/1108918336665075712

It seems that Thurman is implying Caroline quit on the team.

He sat out the MWCT semi-final game - maybe that's what Thurman is referring to?

Either way, it was obvious the chemistry never quite recovered from the Great Fire Extinguisher Meltdown of 2019. Who knows... maybe knocking them out of the T10 when we played them at Viejas lit the fuse? :ph34r:

9 hours ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Sweet Sixteen/Second Round in back to back years> Sweet 16/1st round exit in back to back years. Nope, sorry. Savor it, its over.

We also did that in 04 and 05. We have double the amount of NCAA tournament wins as UNLV in your lifetime. 

From what I’ve read, something happened and the team dynamics went to hell about 1 month ago. Egos, testosterone, pressure, et al. Couple with social media and expectations and well it went south in a hurry. I personally believe the talk about too much playing time is BS. I don’t think all is well between the Twins and Caroline — although that opinion is entirely my own. I’m too old to read social media and I’ve been in the Bay Area for work the last few months. Major f’ing bummer they couldn’t keep chit together for another month.