Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chrysis

#7 Nevada vs #10 Florida

6 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Replace all those broken shells on the beach with sugar white sand and you'd know the best beaches.

Yall have amazing sand over there, the fishing is great, and the Gulf has some wildly pretty colors in spots, but the lack of any waves is what kills me. 

23 minutes ago, NWRebel said:

How my little unr buddies doing?  You know who you are....

Image result for dumb and dumber

Try not to burn down your trailer park tonight. 

Embarrassing representation of the MWC.  A top 25 team for a good part of the year getting their ass whooped by a team that went 9-9 in their conference.

1,  2,,,,,3,,,,,,,,4   "but at least we were in the tourney"........    lolololol

I think most MW folks new they were never a top 15 team.   Likely that ranking hurt them in the long run.  Turns out they couldn’t win the MW conf or get out of the first round.  Nice team that underachieved.  Nothing to special about that.  But  still a pretty good run when you throw in last season. 

Just now, DestinFlPackfan said:

No doubt. Not the same in any way. 

I remember the first time in I went to the beach for sunset just out of habit. It didn't take long to realize I'd be waiting another twelve hours or so to see the sun over the ocean again.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

And the greatest run that UNR basketball will ever have ends. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

30 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Where you been YRF? We've got a good bon fire going in a dumpster over in the coaching search thread. Pull up a seat! :D

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

On 3/20/2019 at 4:51 PM, Aslowhiteguy said:

No worries. Florida doesn't employ racist coaches.  That's a Utah thing. 

Oh yea. Their was no evidence of anything racist being said & UNR admitted it was all made up remember & the cameras 🎥 proved it too.  Fake news bro. Move along. 

Honestly I was miffed UF played an MWC team. Wish UF had played Louisville and  Minnesota had played UNR. Would have rooted for UNR. Even at the end of this game, I found myself hoping UNR would have come back and forced overtime at the least. 

3 hours ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Still much better than any run UNLV has had in your lifetime.

Martin brothers did a great job in shutting down Jordan Caroline. Very impressive to see that.   Really limited his touches and forced him outside of the paint to negate his inside dominance. Musselman is a genius. 

4 minutes ago, mikexom said:

Martin brothers did a great job in shutting down Jordan Caroline. Very impressive to see that.   Really limited his touches and forced him outside of the paint to negate his inside dominance. Musselman is a genius. 

After his 40 point outburst at Colorado State on February 6th, Caroline was on top of the world and on his way to an MWC POY award.  And Nevada was 22-1. Then the roof fell in for him and the Wolf Pack.

in their last 11 games, the Wolf Pack went 7-4.  Caroline shot 35-82 from 2-point range, 7-40 from 3-point range, and 27-55 from the free throw line.  I wouldn't blame the Martin's for shutting him down.  He did it to himself.  He was awful.  Something wasn't right.

2 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

After his 40 point outburst at Colorado State on February 6th, Caroline was on top of the world and on his way to an MWC POY award.  And Nevada was 22-1. Then the roof fell in for him and the Wolf Pack.

in their last 11 games, the Wolf Pack went 7-4.  Caroline shot 35-82 from 2-point range, 7-40 from 3-point range, and 27-55 from the free throw line.  I wouldn't blame the Martin's for shutting him down.  He did it to himself.  He was awful.  Something wasn't right.

Older teams peak early.  Then other teams start to catch up and then they don’t look as good.

Nevada was artificial like East Germany.

7 hours ago, AggieSox said:

Oh yea. Their was no evidence of anything racist being said & UNR admitted it was all made up remember & the cameras 🎥 proved it too.  Fake news bro. Move along. 

That's funny that you tell others to move along. Hilarious actually.

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Older teams peak early.  Then other teams start to catch up and then they don’t look as good.

Nevada was artificial like East Germany.

I think there is something too this. Maybe we were too old. Experience is good. But when everybody is aware of the stakes and knows this is the end if we blow it, that’s a big guillotine hanging over the head. They knew it was the END end if they lost, and they played like it. Missed that Josh Hall don’t give a +++++ because I’ll live to play another day to loosen everyone up.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

5 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

There is a lot going on below the surface that outsiders will never know. Whatever it was torpedo the teams chemistry and the end results were the meltdown in Utah and the early exits from the MW and NCAAs.  Muss lost the team in some respects. Huge black eye on his coaching and leadership abilities.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

14 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

There is a lot going on below the surface that outsiders will never know. Whatever it was torpedo the teams chemistry and the end results were the meltdown in Utah and the early exits from the MW and NCAAs.  Muss lost the team in some respects. Huge black eye on his coaching and leadership abilities.

Oh come on, don’t leave me hanging. I just spent a year loving this team and wondering what the hell happened the last month

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

4 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Oh come on, don’t leave me hanging. I just spent a year loving this team and wondering what the hell happened the last month

Honestly, I would be totally out of line to repeat 2nd and 3rd hand rumors. The stuff Murray wrote about last night is enough for the average fan to infer shit wasn't kosher with the team dynamics. 

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman