Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AggieSox

USU The "Total Team"

33 minutes ago, Spazdog said:

I have 150 posts because I’m a more of a reader than a poster.  

But... Had to deal with USU fans for longer than than you will ever know. 

Man your life sounds really tough....

Listen USU and Nevada get a little time in the sun right now. 

Fresno will be back and have yours.

This is part of being in a conference, nobody in the conference ultimately wins without great teams to compete against.

This year it was us that was Cinderella , next year we get to be Darth Vader (see Nevada this year).

I only have one question...

Why is USU so hated on here??????

You must be assuming i’m A Fresno fan.  Well, I like FSU more than USU, by quite a large margin.  Bronco fan, that’s me.  I grew up in East Idaho.  Even when our D1AA team kicked the crap out of the Aggies, USU fans were over the top.  Nothing’s changed.

2 minutes ago, Spazdog said:

You must be assuming i’m A Fresno fan.  Well, I like FSU more than USU, by quite a large margin.  Bronco fan, that’s me.  I grew up in East Idaho.  Even when our D1AA team kicked the crap out of the Aggies, USU fans were ovet the top.  Nothing’s changed.

Typical South eastern Idaho ,hornory, Bitchy, PMS’Y, BYU/Boise guy ........ got it....... posts makes sense in context now..... Moving on...

Wrong again, but again, proving my point.  I do not wear the right kinda underwear and can’t stand either BYU or BYU Lite (USU).  With that said, if your heritage is 2 or more generations in Cache County, we’re probably related.  Cousins I would expect. 

34 minutes ago, Spazdog said:

Wrong again, but again, proving my point.  I do not wear the right kinda underwear and can’t stand either BYU or BYU Lite (USU).  With that said, if your heritage is 2 or more generations in Cache County, we’re probably related.  Cousins I would expect. 

What exactly about these posts have “proven your point” ? you made a claim and posters have disagreed with you. What has been so hard to bear here? Me thinks your distaste of all things USU means ANY talk of usu will be annoying to you. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

48 minutes ago, bigbluebaby said:

Typical South eastern Idaho ,hornory, Bitchy, PMS’Y, BYU/Boise guy ........ got it....... posts makes sense in context now..... Moving on...

Easy with the SE Idaho bashing. Preston, ID native here. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Just now, madmartigan said:Easy with the SE Idaho bashing. Preston, ID native here. 

LOL, 

Should have said typical for his ilk.

I spend lots of time there and have lots of good friends from there.

2 hours ago, Spazdog said:

I have 150 posts because I’m a more of a reader than a poster.  

But... Had to deal with USU fans for longer than than you will ever know. 

A more miserable tale of suffering and woe I have not heard. Friend, may God heal your wounds. 

13 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

What exactly about these posts have “proven your point” ? you made a claim and posters have disagreed with you. What has been so hard to bear here? Me thinks your distaste of all things USU means ANY talk of usu will be annoying to you. 

You may have something about my total dislike of USU.  My experience with USU that dates back to the ‘70’s.  It’s hard to overlook their sanctimonious attitude and treatment to those that are not a member of the club.  That said, I have a few friends that attended USU.  I do not hold that against them.

Read the entire thread.  If you can’t connect the dots, get back with me.

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Anything East of Craters of the Moon and West of the Greater Yellowstone ecosystem is basically Utah.  

This is why there is such poor mental health from residents of franklin county. Rejected by logan and cache valley as “those bad driving 1fers.” Tell someone from Boise you’re from Preston and they say “yeah you’re basically from Utah.” We have nowhere to rest our head. 

1 hour ago, Spazdog said:

Wrong again, but again, proving my point.  I do not wear the right kinda underwear and can’t stand either BYU or BYU Lite (USU).

Having interacted with fans of each school enough now during the MWC tournament, I see comparisons beyond just uniform colors (although I'd be curious to know which school first wore that boring blue and white).

1. AFA, Hawaii and SJSU excepted (b/c they aren't supposed to, aren't in for BB and never get past the first day respectively), although in the heat of battle at the T&M you'll hear people from every other school utter profanities or scream them, nary even one such word comes out of the mouth of a YBU or USU fan.

2. Lots of beer consumption at the T&M too with the glaring exceptions being anybody wearing YBU or USU gear.

3. Considering the modest student populations of the schools, YBU and USU fans show up in significant numbers but only the students buy anything. I could speculate as to why but don't want to be politically incorrect. (Ah, screw it, the reason is all of them over 30 have at least half a dozen kids and in many cases multiple grandchildren so can't afford to.)

4. Big Difference: While many USU supporters wear stylish facial hair, you see none of that on YBU supporters (well at least none of the men).

Go Aggies!

Boom goes the dynamite.

6 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Having interacted with fans of each school enough now during the MWC tournament, I see comparisons beyond just uniform colors (although I'd be curious to know which school first wore that boring blue and white).

1. AFA, Hawaii and SJSU excepted (b/c they aren't supposed to, aren't in for BB and never get past the first day respectively), although in the heat of battle at the T&M you'll hear people from every other school utter profanities or scream them, nary even one such word comes out of the mouth of a YBU or USU fan.

2. Lots of beer consumption at the T&M too with the glaring exceptions being anybody wearing YBU or USU gear.

3. Considering the modest student populations of the schools, YBU and USU fans show up in significant numbers but only the students buy anything. I could speculate as to why but don't want to be politically incorrect. (Ah, screw it, the reason is all of them over 30 have at least half a dozen kids and in many cases multiple grandchildren so can't afford to.)

4. Big Difference: While many USU supporters wear stylish facial hair, you see none of that on YBU supporters (well at least none of the men).

Go Aggies!

Well as a USU fan it is good to know that we do not have fans doing racial cheers or utter profanities against the teams we play, which was stated by other fan bases. I do not know about beer consumption, but I and quite a few aggies enjoyed a cold one at the T&M. I spent quite a bit of money down in Vegas lost on the tables etc. I'm over 30 and only have 2 kids.

8 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

Mormons are total tightwads

Source: me

When 10 percent is going out the window to start every month that makes it rough.