Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fanhood

If SDSU wins, does Temple's bubble pop?

If so, I would laugh. That would give three bids to the AAC and three bids to the MW. Not bad considering the AAC was much better than the MW in basketball this year (clearly not the case in football). The AAC board might explode.

St. Mary's win could be the one as well. We also have to wait for tomorrow as well because if Oregon wins that is another potential bid steal. Atlantic 10 can be another bid stealer as well as some things i read had only VCU as a safe spot in the tournament.

What if Bowling Green defeats Buffalo? I think a lot still depends on the other conferences but if SDSU wins tomorrow it would present an interesting situation.

I'm just gad UF beat LSU so as to cement their bid. A loss, given all the upsets, could have been disastrous. If they beat Auburn somehow today, well, even better. 

33 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I'm just gad UF beat LSU so as to cement their bid. A loss, given all the upsets, could have been disastrous. If they beat Auburn somehow today, well, even better. 

Some brackets had Florida safely in the field before today's win. A few had them as high as 10

2 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

St. Mary's win could be the one as well. We also have to wait for tomorrow as well because if Oregon wins that is another potential bid steal. Atlantic 10 can be another bid stealer as well as some things i read had only VCU as a safe spot in the tournament.

What if Bowling Green defeats Buffalo? I think a lot still depends on the other conferences but if SDSU wins tomorrow it would present an interesting situation.

The fact that St. Mary’s beat Gonzaga really helps USU. Now their win means a lot more. If they lose in the final, they’re still safe to get in. So I sure hope SDSU wins the tourney and we’ll definitely have 3 bids. Amazing. For most of this season, we were thinking we’d be a 1 bid league, and having 2 wouldn’t be very likely. Can we all say “tourney credits” !!!!!!!

kat.jpg

36 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Some brackets had Florida safely in the field before today's win. A few had them as high as 10

Everybody's been shitting bricks around here. It's been a widely held belief that without 2 wins in the SEC Tourney, we were doomed to the NIT. 

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

Everybody's been shitting bricks around here. It's been a widely held belief that without 2 wins in the SEC Tourney, we were doomed to the NIT. 

And that could have been very possible as well. We really won't know until Sunday when the brackets come out and we can see where teams sit. But on some of the previews of the conference tournaments I was watching and reading some had Florida in the tournament before the start of the SEC tournament while some said one win in the Tourney and they would be safe.

I think Florida was in the tournament before SEC time but will be curious on Sunday

4 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

And that could have been very possible as well. We really won't know until Sunday when the brackets come out and we can see where teams sit. But on some of the previews of the conference tournaments I was watching and reading some had Florida in the tournament before the start of the SEC tournament while some said one win in the Tourney and they would be safe.

I think Florida was in the tournament before SEC time but will be curious on Sunday

I thought they might make it even if they had lost to LSU, but I didn't want to chance it. 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

I thought they might make it even if they had lost to LSU, but I didn't want to chance it. 

When the seeds are announced I think we will have a better idea. Right now Lunardi's new bracket has them as a 11 seed which was the same one he had them at yesterday against Maryland

24 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I’m starting to think Utah State could be in some trouble if they lose tonight

It would be total bullsh!t for USU to get left out, but I agree with you. The committee isn't known for doing mid majors any favors. 

54 minutes ago, mondego said:

It would be total bullsh!t for USU to get left out, but I agree with you. The committee isn't known for doing mid majors any favors. 

Agreed on all fronts.

2 hours ago, mondego said:

Palm has USU as a 8 seed right now, with Lunardi he has them a 10 seed. But as I said before pretty much the only sure thing for mid-majors is to win your tournament otherwise you are leaving the decision to someone else who you have absolutely no idea how they are thinking or using to decide.

2 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

Where's all the "mw is a 1 bid league" posters. 

I was trying to find the thread from December. I laughed at a guy for making that comment so early. That has been happening every year for the past five years, and it only became true once.