Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

#1 Nevada vs #4 SDSU

I'm feeling 7 seed. Going through 10 then 2 seed is looking mighty tougher than the path we looked like we had a month ago.

Sucks that a 29-4 season should feel at all a bummer like this 

8k3esKz.png

It's like a repeat of the '07 team. Huge expectations. Tough losses down the stretch including a semifinal exit in conference tourney. We get shipped to New Orleans where Memphis is waiting in the second round.

Also, if anyone needs six all-session tickets to the San Jose site, let me know. By Sunday afternoon they should be a pretty good deal!

18 minutes ago, cardrater said:

Um your kidding yourself if you think the Aztecs are even remotely good.

Beat you 2 out of 3 the last two years. What does that say about your team?

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

5 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Beat you 2 out of 3 the last two years. What does that say about your team?

Hope we don’t end up facing SDSU in the tourney 

2 minutes ago, thatsmymammy said:

I will say this, even with a very down year, this tournament has been amazing. Competitive, chippy and the fans have showed up. 

It has been as hard fought as any recent tournaments. It also seems like most MWC teams are playing their best right now.

18 minutes ago, Chrysis said:

I'm feeling 7 seed. Going through 10 then 2 seed is looking mighty tougher than the path we looked like we had a month ago.

Your team earned an at-large bid to the Dance.  That is what every program wants. No need to be bummed.

21 minutes ago, Chrysis said:

I'm thinking 8-10 some brackets already had Nevada a 6 or 7 before this loss. So I am thinking 8-10 range. I think the reason it feels that way Chrysis, is it seems the wheels have come off a bit at the end of the season and that this team is nowhere near as good as people thought they were. You can't keep hoping for those second half comebacks all the time.

3 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

I'm thinking 8-10 some brackets already had Nevada a 6 or 7 before this loss. So I am thinking 8-10 range. I think the reason it feels that way Chrysis, is it seems the wheels have come off a bit at the end of the season and that this team is nowhere near as good as people thought they were. You can't keep hoping for those second half comebacks all the time.

We’ll be a 6 or 7 and get sent to someplace horrible. Des Moines in March anyone?

28 minutes ago, Chrysis said:

Also very possibly because of all these expectations people had Nevada on coming into the season saying they were a final four team and everything. However we can hold our breath and maybe we still get a 6 seed. I would like that better than the 8/9 and 7/10 game because in the second round what is waiting for you is going to be extremely difficult

12 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

There’s no way the committee puts us as a 8/9, they don’t want us playing a 1 seed in the second round, they don’t want the possibility of a pesky mid major upsetting a 1 seed in the round of 32.  I think we end up as a 6.  Which is better than a 4 or 5 since we won’t have to play the 1 seed until the elite 8.  The wheels haven’t come off.  We lost at SDSU which most people lose when they go there.  We lost at the Spectrum which is one of the toughest places to play.  And we lost to SDSU without Caroline and with Martin sitting for nearly an entire half. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

I would rather take Des Moines in March than Hartford

True. But neither is exactly easy to get to. Tulsa, Columbus, Jacksonville, Hartford, and Des Moines all pretty much suck. Columbia, SC is kinda cool, but a bitch to get to from the West 

40 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

It's like a repeat of the '07 team. Huge expectations. Tough losses down the stretch including a semifinal exit in conference tourney. We get shipped to New Orleans where Memphis is waiting in the second round.

Also, if anyone needs six all-session tickets to the San Jose site, let me know. By Sunday afternoon they should be a pretty good deal!

The only year I felt we could do a real run was the year when we entered the tournament a 5 seed against Montana. I was excited that year saying hey we could do something and then we got smacked by Montana. The other years I have kind of held my breath because didn't see that easy of a track unless a few things went for us. Last year and TJ's Sweet Sixteen run, we were so close to Elite 8 and then who knows and came up a little short in those games.

3 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

True. But neither is exactly easy to get to. Tulsa, Columbus, Jacksonville, Hartford, and Des Moines all pretty much suck. Columbia, SC is kinda cool, but a bitch to get to from the West 

Jacksonville is pretty nice actually I think. I have heard good things as well about Columbia also. 

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

There’s no way the committee puts us as a 8/9, they don’t want us playing a 1 seed in the second round, they don’t want the possibility of a pesky mid major upsetting a 1 seed in the round of 32.  I think we end up as a 6.  Which is better than a 4 or 5 since we won’t have to play the 1 seed until the elite 8.  The wheels haven’t come off.  We lost at SDSU which most people lose when they go there.  We lost at the Spectrum which is one of the toughest places to play.  And we lost to SDSU without Caroline and with Martin sitting for nearly an entire half. 

And personally I don't see the committee putting us as a 6 seed either. I still see us 8-10 seed and disagree but the wheels have come off a bit. In the last few weeks there has been something off about the team.

5 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Hopefully for Nevada Caroline gets back to form. Rough end to the season for him. 

46 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

If I could get the time off from work I may have took you up on that offer.