Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolfpack1

College Basketball Coach Openings

1 minute ago, PlayersinVegas said:

You sure that’s correct? I’ve heard other things. And his pay would have to be something like UNLVs 800k or it’s no point coaching for 100k vs 800k (conditional) ... 

Two separate reports from San Diego and the Central Coast saying he at least asked about it, and one (Zeigler here in SD) said Menzies figured to be in the mix.  So yes, I trust that to be accurate.

21 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Two separate reports from San Diego and the Central Coast saying he at least asked about it, and one (Zeigler here in SD) said Menzies figured to be in the mix.  So yes, I trust that to be accurate.

Okay because his buy out states UNLV will not have to pay amounts if he seeks employment in anything basketball related   . That’s 800k, I think Cal Poly pays their coaches like what 125k??? Usually when coaches downgrade like (Dave rice, Johnny Jones, Mike Davis) it’s because they still want to coach and are coming off substantial buy outs in most cases.... and his salary (actually with bonuses)was like 450k at NMSU.... always thought that cal poly thing was a joke from the troll Vegas take Twitter acount!

Edit: thanks for providing us with updates btw and everyone else keeping us up on tabs....

Ron Hunter is reportedly going to decide within the next 48 hours whether he will become the next coach at Tulane or not.

Also Siena is expected to name assistant coach Carmen Maciarello their next head coach.

1 hour ago, PlayersinVegas said:

Okay because his buy out states UNLV will not have to pay amounts if he seeks employment in anything basketball related   . That’s 800k, I think Cal Poly pays their coaches like what 125k??? Usually when coaches downgrade like (Dave rice, Johnny Jones, Mike Davis) it’s because they still want to coach and are coming off substantial buy outs in most cases.... and his salary (actually with bonuses)was like 450k at NMSU.... always thought that cal poly thing was a joke from the troll Vegas take Twitter acount!

Edit: thanks for providing us with updates btw and everyone else keeping us up on tabs....

Callero's base salary at Cal Poly was $263,328 a year. Figure a new coach will probably be in the $200,000 range or so

38 minutes ago, NevadaAllStar said:

I’m sure they will back sniffing around Muss, I doubt if he would pull the plug for Cal.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26350524/california-fires-coach-jones-8-23-season

they have Jason Kidd as their top target, then Russell from Irvine, then Muss. but I wouldn't be surprised to see Dave Rice throw his hat into the ring, either here or at Wash St.

But after all those, maybe they'll end up hiring Menzies. B)

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

they have Jason Kidd as their top target, then Russell from Irvine, then Muss. but I wouldn't be surprised to see Dave Rice throw his hat into the ring, either here or at Wash St.

But after all those, maybe they'll end up hiring Menzies. B)

Kidd wants to coach in the NBA again word is if the Lakers fire their coach he is going to put all his efforts into getting that gig

6 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Kidd wants to coach in the NBA again word is if the Lakers fire their coach he is going to put all his efforts into getting that gig

yeah, I know, I think that's one reason why DRF hasn't given him a serious look.

After just a month ago with Cal saying their coach would be back next season, they have done a 180 and fired their head coach Wyking Jones.

Ron Hunter has informed Georgia St he will be accepting the head coaching job at Tulane.

Alabama and Avery Johnson reach agreement for Johnson to leave the position of head coach of Alabama.

Applachian St job is possibly down to four people: Radford head coach Mike Jones, Gardner-Webb head coach Tim Craft, Campbell head coach Kevin McGeehan and Bobby Lutz.

It also appears Georgia St may not consider any coaches currently on the staff for the new head coaching vacancy. There are some rumors there is and has been some bad blood between Georgia St and Ron Hunter since last year when Georgia St turned down Hunter's request for a contract extension.

2 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

yeah, I know, I think that's one reason why DRF hasn't given him a serious look.

UNLV doesn't need to hire Kidd then lose him to the NBA inside 12 months or less 

7 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I haven't been real impressed with him as head coach though. However it appears the is Cal's #1 target

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

UNLV doesn't need to hire Kidd then lose him to the NBA inside 12 months or less 

of course not.

but on the other hand, if he brought in recruits and won, that could also be called an interim coach until we got who we wanted....right?? :D

no, kidd isn't going to be hired because he DOES want back into the NBA.

5 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

After just a month ago with Cal saying their coach would be back next season, they have done a 180 and fired their head coach Wyking Jones.

Ron Hunter has informed Georgia St he will be accepting the head coaching job at Tulane.

Alabama and Avery Johnson reach agreement for Johnson to leave the position of head coach of Alabama.

Applachian St job is possibly down to four people: Radford head coach Mike Jones, Gardner-Webb head coach Tim Craft, Campbell head coach Kevin McGeehan and Bobby Lutz.

It also appears Georgia St may not consider any coaches currently on the staff for the new head coaching vacancy. There are some rumors there is and has been some bad blood between Georgia St and Ron Hunter since last year when Georgia St turned down Hunter's request for a contract extension.

Is Avery looking for a new job?

Asking for a friend.