Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolfpack1

College Basketball Coach Openings

1 minute ago, Del Scorcho said:

rumors are that Rose left to concentrate on his new book - The Art of Defense - foreward by Jimmer Fredette :D

j/k - Rose seems like a good guy, very likeable

A chapter written by Jackson Emery on how one guy can defend the 2 positions at the top of the 2-3 zone.

7 hours ago, bigd said:

Yeah and Kidd seems to be holding out for the Lakers job. His lack of a college degree and his checkered past probably make him a non-starter at Cal IMO.

Bennett would be a great choice if its something he's interested in. He seems happy at Saint Mary's though.

Kidd doesn't have a degree and also has a lot of baggage.  He most likely won't get a college job. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Sean Walker@ActuallyDSW
Follow Follow @ActuallyDSW
More
Names to keep an eye on as BYU reportedly moves on from hoops coach Dave Rose, from what I am hearing:

1. Mark Pope, Utah Valley
2. Barret Peery, Portland State 
3. Alex Jensen, Utah Jazz asst
4. Mark Madsen, LA Lakers asst
5. Jon Judkins, Dixie State

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

10 hours ago, bigd said:

Yeah and Kidd seems to be holding out for the Lakers job. His lack of a college degree and his checkered past probably make him a non-starter at Cal IMO.

Bennett would be a great choice if its something he's interested in. He seems happy at Saint Mary's though.

Kidd is Cal's #1 target however Kidd has made it clear he wants to coach in the NBA again so he would choose any NBA job over college at this point. Then if Cal hires him he could be gone within a year if he gets an NBA job.

4 hours ago, westfan said:

I wonder if ex Nevada HC Trent Johnson or Mark Fox will be back in the mix for a HC position some where? I would have added David Carter, but he may be assistant coach material more than being a HC again, but who really knows?

David Carter got hired as an assistant at San Diego back in 2018, I don't know if he is still there are not though

Stony Brook has hired Geno Ford as their new head coach.

Steve Prohm has signed a contract extension with Iowa St through 2025.

Troy is very close to signing Scott Cross to be their next head coach.

Assistant coach at Dayton Donnie Jones is the favorite to become the head coach at Stetson.

Current NC State assistant coach Bobby Lutz is considering a favorite at this point for the Applachian St job.