Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

The Semi-Final Games Should Be Fantastic Today

I though the games yesterday, with the exception of the last one, were very good.  Boise State and UNM gave the top 2 teams all they could handle. And SDSU UNLV was very competitive to the last minute.

Today should be even better.  Nevada and Utah State have been the class of the league this year and look to be comfortably in the NCAA's.  Fresno State and San Diego State are talented and have one thing in common that makes them dangerous post-season teams.  They have Senior backcourts.  Deshon Taylor and Braxton Huggins for FSU and Devin Watson and JeremyHemsley for SDSU.  

Even with SDSU's success recently vs Nevada, I like the Wolf Pack in a highly competitive affair. I've been a big fan of Fresno State all year and think they somehow find a way to get their nose in front at the end vs Utah State.

Regardless of the outcome I really think these games should be good ones.

Yep...today is gonna to be a knife fight in a phone booth for all teams...but nobody does that better than my Aztecs...we love doing it the hard way...if we shoot 35 percent...it may be a blow out...on the other side...I think Fresno is the hot team...they had a relatively easy time yesterday...players are fresh...USU...Merrill, Porter and Queta had to play like it was NCAA championship...foul problems is the key to this game...if any of the aforementioned get into early or late foul trouble...Fresno will not be as forgiving...I got my popcorn ready.....

7 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Well, my hope is that in true college basketball trends, if you play at one end of the great/terrible spectrum one game, it swings the other way the next one.  

Many of us subscribe to the Good Game Bad Game Theory.

Honestly I'm rooting for SDSU and Fresno to both win today. UNR is a stone cold lock, and USU looks to be a lock given the putrid state of the bubble this year. A final between the two California rivals would almost seem to give us 3 bids. 

Honestly I'm psyched for basketball in general today. UF plays LSU at 1, and then the MWC games are on later. My favorite time of the year, hands down. 

No way the SDSU game will be close if they continue shooting the way they have been lately.  Geesh brick city.  Crowd may be a factor as Nevada for some weird reason seems to suck in front of a hostile crowd but I think this game will be over with 10 minutes left.  Hope I'm wrong but it seems to be trending that way

3 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

Honestly I'm rooting for SDSU and Fresno to both win today. UNR is a stone cold lock, and USU looks to be a lock given the putrid state of the bubble this year. A final between the two California rivals would almost seem to give us 3 bids. 

Honestly I'm psyched for basketball in general today. UF plays LSU at 1, and then the MWC games are on later. My favorite time of the year, hands down. 

How bout them Gators!?!

7 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

How bout them Gators!?!

God damn that was tasty. What a game. 

Now, we just need your Aztecs to pull off an upset tonight too.