Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Morgan

MWC Gear Report - Washington DC

Ran into an older gentleman inside the Lincoln Memorial wearing a Fresno State hat. He’d travelled there from Fresno for some type of tournament. I think people thought he was wearing a MAGA hat. No other MWC gear to report.

Champ Logo.jpg

3 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

Ran into an older gentleman inside the Lincoln Memorial wearing a Fresno State hat. He’d travelled there from Fresno for some type of tournament. I think people thought he was wearing a MAGA hat. No other MWC gear to report.

turn to look at the rosslyn skyline.  i'll wave to you wearing my usu t-shirt.

7 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

I’ll be there in 2 weeks. Food place recommendations appreciated- as long as it’s not the junk Maytard is eating. 

Many good restaurants in Arlington, Alexandria, and DC.  You didn't ask for a hotel recommendation but I am going to give you one.  It is the Capitol Hill Hotel.  It is one block east and one block south of the Capitol building and is reasonable priced for a DC hotel in this close in location  Lots of night life and restaurants at Penn Quarter at 7th and Pennsyvania NW.  This is a beautiful walk from the Capitol Hill Hotel.  Capitol South Subway stop is one block west of the Capitol Hell Hotel.  You will probably catch the Cherry Blossoms, which kicks off the tourist season.

Sorry to hijack your thread a little—my husband and I just got back from Egypt.  While we were at Abu Simbel, we were approached by a couple who saw my husband’s Bronco gear.  Turns out they were Andy Avalos’ aunt and uncle.  

In June of 2012, my oldest daughter and I were traveling to Parris Island, NC for my other daughter's Marine Corps graduation.  Neither of us thought about it but we wore our Boise State shirts.  We had a lay over at the Atlanta airport and wouldn't you know, we ran into about 10 of their football players.  This comes off of Boise State beating Georgia in Atlanta the previous fall.  They were nice about it and a little bit of good natured ribbing back and forth.  But one of the guys (definitely a down lineman) told my daughter he couldn't understand why she was going to Boise State because she was pretty enough to go to an SEC school.  Some of the other guys just looked at him and laughed.  My daughter rolled her eyes.  LOL

down in a hole.jpg