Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

Aztecs land 4* Nebraska transfer RB and 2-time JUCO All American Greg Bell

7 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Local roots. Rivals had him ranked 22nd in last years class and he was #19 in ESPN's JUCO50.

Here's the Rivals write-up on him when he committed to Nebraska. And here's the U-T article.

:rock:

Long may he reign? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

He will probably get the hardship waiver as NCAA has a track record on this when family health issues are involved.  This just happened at Oklahoma U when a DT from North Carolina transferred from OU back to North Carolina because of an unexpected family health issue came up.  Strong pick up for SDSU and good for the player and SDSU.

I think this Breg Gell will be the second coming of Ktrell Criggs.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

On 3/15/2019 at 6:22 AM, TheTedfordTrain said:

Recruiting board. Use it. 

Oh shud-up and go add more lame comments to one of your 13 “I hate SJSU cause my ma & pa were mean to me when I was little” thread. Sometimes there’s some really big recruiting news and it deserves to be on the main board.

kat.jpg

On 3/16/2019 at 9:14 AM, Nevada Convert said:

Oh shud-up and go add more lame comments to one of your 13 “I hate SJSU cause my ma & pa were mean to me when I was little” thread. Sometimes there’s some really big recruiting news and it deserves to be on the main board.

Convert curses another topic. Dude is a walking turd. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

15 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Greg Bell out for the year.  That sucks, I was looking forward to seeing him.  Who's next man up?

Bell hasn’t even had one practice yet and wasn’t even on the depth chart.  Washington is the #1 back and Jasmin is #2 just like last season.  It’s doubtful Bell would have even beaten out Jasmin. It sucks for the guy but RB is probably one of the deepest positions on the teams it isn’t as big a deal.

a bigger deal is the loss of S Rashad Scott for the season.  He played as a true fresh in every game last season and was the backup at the Aztec position.

6 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

Greg Bell out for the year.  That sucks, I was looking forward to seeing him.  Who's next man up?

Juwan Washington will carry the torch, and rack up (well) over 1000 yds if he stays healthy. Losing Bell to injury definitely sucks tho.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

That really sucks. Was reported that he was walking on. Have to wonder about the motivation of a guy who couldn’t qualify academically the first time around. Now he’s got to pay his way and stay eligible while dealing with an injury. Hopefully he is focused enough to get it done. Should still have 2 more years eligibility after this.

14 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

Don't sweat the RB position, we are SOLID and deep.

DL different story. Hope Brady can work some magic (3-3-5 will assist).