Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Hires TJ Otzelberger for $1.1 million a year

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

My biggest question is gonna be the defense.  We were awful last year.  TJO can coach offense.  Let’s see about defense.

I hope he is willing to press and use traps/zones. If he wants a high-tempo offense, he'll need to speed things up on the defensive end.

2 hours ago, mundyc3 said:

I hear Blair will be on scholarship. 

Since he retweeted it, I'm sure it has some truth.

I never thought Blair would leave anyway. He came home and walked on for a reason. Entering transfer portal was probably some leverage to get a scholly.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

2 hours ago, Rebels2k3 said:

I hope he is willing to press and use traps/zones. If he wants a high-tempo offense, he'll need to speed things up on the defensive end.

I would temper expectations on the defensive end lol.

Gotta give it up to TJO, he is doing the right things.  A focus on locking down local talent could pay big dividends in the future.  Bringing in two assistants with Vegas ties also helps.  Haven't been this excited for an upcoming season in almost 7 years.

On 4/10/2019 at 4:09 PM, SharkTanked said:

I would temper expectations on the defensive end lol.

Grill and Antonio are both very underrated defensive players. 

Grill is a long 6-3 and blocks a lot of shots. 

If Totz views Antonio as a wing player, along with Bryce and Trey, that means he needs Grill and another guard. 

If he thinks those guys are too small to play the wing he may need another wing player. 

But from what I can see Totz has no problem running out four guards and a big forward. 

So he may not want any more bigs to come back so he can load up on guards and wings.