Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Hires TJ Otzelberger for $1.1 million a year

Just now, 4UNLV said:

Per Mark Anderson 

According to a source close to the situation, there have been no discussions between Thad Matta and UNLV, and the source doesn't expect Matta to be the next #UNLVmbb coach.

That source is probably wrong

3 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Per Mark Anderson 

According to a source close to the situation, there have been no discussions between Thad Matta and UNLV, and the source doesn't expect Matta to be the next #UNLVmbb coach.

Here we go...Shitshow 2.0

1 minute ago, Rebels2k3 said:

That source is probably wrong

Yeah there’s been too much smoke for there to not be discussions.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

14 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

You don’t hire a coach to have him bolt in a year or two.  My first choice would be Nate Oats.  He would come here in two seconds if offered $2.8 million per year.

And Oats wouldn’t bolt because?

Oats would probably be a good hire but that’s besides the point.

3 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

It's better to have amazing facilities and the occasional boner of a game as opposed to being so desperate that the program has to whore itself out to the point it's hiring HS coaches to appease the johns and still playing in a dirt field near some trailer parks, with the only future prospect of getting out being that the program has to whore itself out again to some out of staters...

Someone sounds mad. 

32 minutes ago, Yellow Evan said:

So you think if Thad Matta was hired he’d bolt in a few weeks? Because even if Matta were to bolt in a year or two, at least we’ll be a factor in the MWC in the meantime. Something we’re not right now.

You got a lot of blind faith. My friend I have land in Antarctica I’d love to sell yah!

10 minutes ago, Gator 82 said:

Someone sounds mad. 

The only one who is going to be mad is you when UNLV hires some guy they found at a truck stop in Calexico. 

1 minute ago, rebelcuff said:

Mark Anderson is a dip shit. He is the definition of a fan boy. He believes everything he hears.

Mark was the clown that said the rumors of Menzies being fired was absolutely not true, just a bunch of know nothing bloggers stirring they pot.  

Turns out Mark got a giant egg on his face.

10 minutes ago, PlayersinVegas said:

You got a lot of blind faith. My friend I have land in Antarctica I’d love to sell yah!

Honestly I think we end up with someone like Steve Alford when it’s all said and done. 

15 minutes ago, Yellow Evan said:

Honestly I think we end up with someone like Steve Alford when it’s all said and done. 

:( I mean he’s a winner and all but Mrs Lady has me feeling like she’s pursuing someone who wants to win a championship.  

Edit: I wouldn’t mind seeing the Rebels play like that team Lonzo was on...

We must also keep in mind though playing style will be big too, they want the runnin Rebels not the run where’s the gun Rebels Menzies had even if they could have been consistent winners...

55 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Per Mark Anderson 

He also said MM would be safe and coming back next season less than a week ago