Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Hires TJ Otzelberger for $1.1 million a year

2 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

What would be the UNLV reaction if Stacy Augman is hired?

Blah - He did nothing during his stint as Rice's assistant that I could tell 

But i'm guessing there would be a good % of Rebel fans that would wack off to the very thought of Augmon being named coach 

Just now, rebelcuff said:

I can't believe the morons on the radio believing DRF hasn't contacted people or have something in hand. They believe anything

That seems to be a certainty. The safe thing would have been to keep Menzies. You don’t stick your neck out to be chopped off if you don’t have a great replacement in the wings. 

Just now, soupslam1 said:

What would be the UNLV reaction if Stacy Augman is hired?

Disgust in DRF. 

Also random story, when Rice was fired and everyone was wondering who would be the coach. I was talking to my coworker eating at a Firehouse Subs saying how Augmon would be a terrible hire. I see my coworker turning red and giving me looks. I didn't know that Stacey Augmon just sat at the table next to me. I still to this day hope he didn't hear me because I was railing against him. Hahaha

4 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

So can I like put money on Bobby Knight? You know just for the hell of it. No real reason behind it other than to see his name on the board?

If you want to get some Rebel fans into a masturbating frenzy, go with any one of Stacey Augmon, Larry Johnson or Greg Anthony - All the on the staff would send them into orgasmic convulsions 

4 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

If you want to get some Rebel fans into a masturbating frenzy, go with any one of Stacey Augmon, Larry Johnson or Greg Anthony - All the on the staff would send them into orgasmic convulsions 

The only one of those three I could see is Stacey Augmon who is currently coaching in Korea. But no, I think what would really set people off is that Tark clone they have been working on in secret for a few years.

Crap I wasn't suppose to say anything about that.

24 minutes ago, mundyc3 said:

Disgust in DRF. 

Also random story, when Rice was fired and everyone was wondering who would be the coach. I was talking to my coworker eating at a Firehouse Subs saying how Augmon would be a terrible hire. I see my coworker turning red and giving me looks. I didn't know that Stacey Augmon just sat at the table next to me. I still to this day hope he didn't hear me because I was railing against him. Hahaha

That's a great story.

1 hour ago, mundyc3 said:

My opinion of this is the search firm isn't for the search, it is purely to dig up anything bad in their background before making that decision. DRF needs to make the right hire, but they have to be clean. Hire Pitino, every flag in the world would be around the program and she cannot afford issues on her resume. 

It's also a way to talk to people without it being public record. I think (hope) that this is just a formality.

43 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Blah - He did nothing during his stint as Rice's assistant that I could tell 

But i'm guessing there would be a good % of Rebel fans that would wack off to the very thought of Augmon being named coach 

The Rebel Net dorks certainly would. I'd HATE it to the point might stop going to games. 

But DRF isnt that small time. No way he's even considered.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

2 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Was told Thad will be named coach. 

It’s gonna be like a breath of fresh air that we have an actual coach. 

So many coaches would be a step up but Thad is the grand slam. A proven teacher and winner. What a refreshing relief he would be after so many years. His hire would say a ton about DRF as well. 

48 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

I’m going to speak for everybody and say nobody wants that.