Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Hires TJ Otzelberger for $1.1 million a year

53 minutes ago, Yellow Evan said:

Kidd is a douchebag.

Matta would be a home run and Hoilberg would be fine.

I’d take Alford’s UNM success as well.

I would take Kidd over Alford any day. 

1 minute ago, qwelish said:

Bill Kennedy fired from Texas A&M

Heard Buzz might be going there.

3 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

She named the search firm she hired. You don't pay a firm if you know who you're going to hire.

She told you to not buy the hype.

You hire a search firm to make contact with coaches during the season to avoid state open record laws. You really are out of your depth here. The hire has already been made. This is all window dressing. 

Here's my two cents on Menzies, he's a decent coach that did well at NMSU. he reached out to coach at a higher profile school that was having trouble finding and retraining a new coach. No doubt he made more money than he was at NMSU. I think the deck was stacked against him from day one at nevada southern, especially with the fan base and selling tickets.I think he will be a HC again very soon, who knows where, heck he could rebuild SJSU or a Cal Poly type team. At any rate i hope he gets another chance.

5 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

You hire a search firm to make contact with coaches during the season to avoid state open record laws. You really are out of your depth here. The hire has already been made. This is all window dressing. 

You can't afford window dressing.

DRF is giving you the truth. A firm has been hired, the next coach will earn around a mil.

There is no cloak and dagger shit here. And there doesn't need to be.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 minute ago, westfan said:

Here's my two cents on Menzies, he's a decent coach that did well at NMSU. he reached out to coach at a higher profile school that was having trouble finding and retraining a new coach. No doubt he made more money than he was at NMSU. I think the deck was stacked against him from day one at nevada southern, especially with the fan base and selling tickets.I think he will be a HC again very soon, who knows where, heck he could rebuild SJSU or a Cal Poly type team. At any rate i hope he gets another chance.

Here's my two cents on Menzies:

He sucks!!

SJSU would be perfect for him... he'd for sure elevate them somewhat from where they currently are, and be 2 easy cupcake wins for us every year.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

Its all about the fit for Thad. 

UNLV is a sleeping giant. 

If the administration, players and coaches do not believe that it is, the program will continue to hit the snooze button.

No body wants to eat mosquitos and thick air all day and night. 

Come win in Vegas, Thad! Resurrect the giant!

DRF looked like someone who fired a guy and then realized her fan base expects Thad Matta to walk through the door, but she has Joe Pasternack behind it...lmao.

Thought she was about to cry man.

UNLV got to her. And MM.

We are killers.

All is well, For Rice is gone.