Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Hires TJ Otzelberger for $1.1 million a year

55 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

from what I'm seeing out there it sounds like it's done.

I almost wonder if Tina DRF purposely didn't consider MIke Miller because she was being pressured by fans to do so. 

What part of the "no college degree" are you struggling with?

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 minute ago, Rebels2k3 said:

DRF will be fired or move on in a year or two, and Hamburgler will soon follow. Sad.

Let’s not put him under the dirt yet, even Menzies had a time when he was Marvelous Menzies (#12 recruiting class) we may be calling him The Burger on some Inn and Out after the game type ish ... the optimist in me

7 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Good lord, you actually think UNLV can win MWC games with that roster ?!?! :blink:

I'd say if most of the roster had stuck around, UNLV might move on without missing a beat..........but this gaggle of back benchers barely got on the court 

Plus there's a good chance some of these guys will exit before this thing is settled 

Laughable for sure.  No sure thing Hamilton is back.  No matter who is hired first season has a high probability it is going to resemble 16-17.  Hope they have a good three - four year plan.  Gonna need it.

Just now, PlayersinVegas said:

Let’s not put him under the dirt yet, even Menzies had a time when he was Marvelous Menzies (#12 recruiting class) we may be calling him The Burger on some Inn and Out after the game type ish ... the optimist in me

I have zero confidence in him. I hope he does well, but +++++ it.

Just now, Ernie Baer said:

Laughable for sure.  No sure thing Hamilton is back.  No matter who is hired first season has a high probability it is going to resemble 16-17.  Hope they have a good three - four year plan.  Gonna need it.

Out of all the names mentioned in the past few days, Brett Gunning was the most interesting. This guy's resume bores me to death.

2 minutes ago, Ernie Baer said:

If Otzel is the hire - wonder what time frame DRF gave him?? NCAA in 3rd year of adios ?!?! 

1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

Why give Menzies year 4 when we can hire South Dakota State's coach and press reset!?

Because she thought this would be the best time, if she did it next season she’d look bad because the Rebels was projected to be a competing team... they thought they had a good foundation with the Africans but now Jtambwe stock has risen and so has Hardy’s and even Juistons. Waters not so calm now!!!

2 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

I had faith in DRF until she screwed things up. Looks like that happened. Gulp.

With a hire like this she should have just kept Mediocre Marv.

This twitterer agrees with you 

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

If Otzel is the hire - wonder what time frame DRF gave him?? NCAA in 3rd year of adios ?!?! 

No because Menzies was never her hire. She’s not from Vegas, what connections she has to UNLV other than furthering her career. Not looking like a winning gamble though.

3 hours ago, Rebels2k3 said:

Been writing much of the same for some time now.

She’s learned two valuable lessons through the process. One, really good money is only available when there are strings/certain coach attached.  Two, with everything that has gone on the past few years, for which she has now contributed to, the job was not very attractive.