Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Hires TJ Otzelberger for $1.1 million a year

9 minutes ago, Rebels2k3 said:

We said the same thing about Rice and Menzies. Thank u, next.

When did we say the same about Menzies? He is a good mid major coach who's style doesn't relate to high major programs. 

haha, it's almost worth it to see the melt down from waddilove and lvl, lol. great thread. these guys REALLY wanted Mike.

4 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

The biggest concern with TJ would be Mike Daum fell into his lap for four years inflating what would have been an otherwise mediocre coaching career. 

they mention that in the above thread.

12 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

The biggest concern with TJ would be Mike Daum fell into his lap for four years inflating what would have been an otherwise mediocre coaching career. 

Actually reading up on him, he sounds like a good choice. 

Not to mention they choked in the Summit League tournament losing to the last seeded team in the 1st round as the 1 seed.

...A team they beat by 42 and 20 earlier in the year.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

20 hours ago, Meister_Rebel said:

I’m not advocating for anyone.  But, one thing I know is I’m not ready for rice 2.0.  We need experience.  Someone with no head coaching experience is too much of a gamble.

So instead we’re going to hire Menzies 2.0 because of how well that worked out last time?

At least when we get a new AD and this guy gets fired in 2 years...

Ryan Miller will have 2 years HC experience SD State and we can try that whole Miller bros campaign again.

Or maybe Coach K will be interested....according to sources.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

7 hours ago, Meister_Rebel said:

That my friend is how a professional works.  It's refreshing from the past administration. 

So much for her professionalism. Our blithering idiot of an AD just made a complete crap hire. Got rid of Marvin because of attendance and hired someone with an even worse resume that no one has head of.

1 minute ago, NOTGREATBOB! said:

TJO better get at least 4 years no matter what. Two embarrassing coaching searches like this have been too much to keep blowing things up for absolutely no reason. 

He gets as long as the new AD gets. This was an ego move I don’t even think he’s a better coach then Menzies but as long as she’s here she’s going to on it. Buahahahhaha lol unlv 

Just now, PlayersinVegas said:

He gets as long as the new AD gets. This was an ego move I don’t even think he’s a better coach then Menzies but as long as she’s here she’s going to on it. Buahahahhaha lol unlv 

DRF will be fired or move on in a year or two, and Hamburgler will soon follow. Sad.