Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Hires TJ Otzelberger for $1.1 million a year

9 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Solid West Coast/SoCal recruiting connections, historically one of the top-ranked assistants in the nation, teaches lockdown D, already worked for UNLV, can connect with college-age kids, has our number for sure, and now proven at the D1 HC level.

Sounds like a solid match IMO. However, I think *if* he jumps ship, he gets a P5 gig.

Why would he leave Fresno after 1 year to come to Vegas? Not happening lol. 

13 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Wow. My brother told me Neb was already negotiating with him before Miles was fired.  I didn't believe they'd stoop that low.  Now I think he was correct. 

I think this was in the works for a while. I think the reason they waited as long as they did was to get the i’s dotted and t’s crossed before cutting Miles loose. 

5 minutes ago, qwelish said:

What other coaches were mentioned? When do recruits ever mention other coaches names?

This is the dumbest argument ever. You are so far up your own ass that even mentioning that Menzies might have done something positive sends you off on a lying, speculating tangent.

Are you okay, dude? Relax.

obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

12 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

People & DRF are delusional if they think hiring a unknown name from South Dakota St with probably no impact recruits and 4 end of bench players from last season will draw people to the T&M ..........the guy can come in and say all the right things and be visible in the community, but until there's some real results on the court, this program will be on life support fanwise for the coming two years at least 

Pretty rude for you to imply that I am delusional. But sitting around arguing with some of the nutcases on here can do that, i guess.

I dont know if youve ever worked in sales, but marketing can do a lot. DRF showed herself to be a novice in that dept this year with the food schemes.

Lets hope picking a coach who is such a great marketer that he can prove us delusional folk right, is her forté.

1 minute ago, 4UNLV said:

I think this was in the works for a while. I think the reason they waited as long as they did was to get the i’s dotted and t’s crossed before cutting Miles loose. 

Is that within the rules?  Maybe it's just the pro leagues who can't do that.  Or I could be completely wrong on both accounts.  But I swear I have read/heard you cannot negotiate while you have someone under contract.  But it would be hard to prove regardless. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Brown, a 6-foot-6 forward that’s finishing his high school career at Mouth of Wilson (Va.) Oak Hill, said he also considered Georgetown, Oklahoma State and South Carolina.

Unlv was real close to landing him according to clownish. 

Just now, qwelish said:

Pretty rude for you to imply that I am delusional. But sitting around arguing with some of the nutcases on here can do that, i guess.

I dont know if youve ever worked in sales, but marketing can do a lot. DRF showed herself to be a novice in that dept this year with the food schemes.

Lets hope picking a coach who is such a great marketer that he can prove us delusional folk right, is her forté.

Those food schemes where so amateur I thought it was a set up. I’m like you replace radio and tv advertising with freakin hot dawgs. Lmao wtf

10 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

hey now that's a novel idea.

2 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

If it came down to Miles or Rose, which one would rebel nation prefer? 

Rick Matta or Thad Pitino. They’ll accept no less.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

47 minutes ago, qwelish said:

He commited right after MMs firing and him not coming here was only reported by Wrongilove.

Brown, a 6-foot-6 forward that’s finishing his high school career at Mouth of Wilson (Va.) Oak Hill, said he also considered Georgetown, Oklahoma State and South Carolina.

200.gif

4 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Your misrepresenting my statements and flat out lying are intentional insults of my intelligence.

Lying is tactic for you and I recognize it.

You said he was committed to Menzies because of some timeline you made up. Here’s browns words on UNLV/Menzies. 

42 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Oh, so we get two years of building before a big year three !!! Sounds like a rebuild plan which fans will love !!! 

MM was .500.  What do you mean rebuild.  You would need to be on top of the MW for a rebuild.   Come on. 

20 minutes ago, qwelish said:

I didn't mention anyone specifically, but if you want to claim membership, by all means, please do B)

Think it's going to take more than some sweet sales speech to fix this mess DRF got herself into