Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Hires TJ Otzelberger for $1.1 million a year

3 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Seen lurking in Vegas last weekend with close friend Phil Knight.  UNLV is a Nike school.  Hmmmm......

Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to introduce the new Head Basketball Coach or your UNLV Running Rebels...

IMG_0318.JPG

You shut your whore mouth!

9 minutes ago, BleedRed702 said:

So negative. 

Only because he’s upset that Marv was canned despite having a record that was the worst in UNLV history. 

Nobody has a lot of information right now. The Las Vegas media has no clue where DRF is going with this search because it’s all confidential with the search firm. Thad Matta hasn’t come out and said he’s not interested in UNLV or coaching again. So why the hysteria? 

You got guys at the LVRJ literally throwing darts at names. “Mike Rhoades could be a candidate for the job.” What? 

1 hour ago, Rosegreen said:

Only because he’s upset that Marv was canned despite having a record that was the worst in UNLV history. 

Nobody has a lot of information right now. The Las Vegas media has no clue where DRF is going with this search because it’s all confidential with the search firm. Thad Matta hasn’t come out and said he’s not interested in UNLV or coaching again. So why the hysteria? 

You got guys at the LVRJ literally throwing darts at names. “Mike Rhoades could be a candidate for the job.” What? 

Is Thad still busy putting together that A+ staff you told us about?

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

5 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Seen lurking in Vegas last weekend with close friend Phil Knight.  UNLV is a Nike school.  Hmmmm......

Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to introduce the new Head Basketball Coach or your UNLV Running Rebels...

IMG_0318.JPG

I'll drink to that!

images.jpg

5 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

IMG_0318.JPG

Please, if there is God, let this happen....

It makes sense too - he knows he can drink for free as long as he's playing at the table.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

6 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

IMG_0318.JPG

UNLV may not be a Nike school much longer. 

25 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

The quest for 69! (pages)

do it best gif GIF

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

69's just a pitstop for us to wipe our mouths and shoot for 100!

100 Pages or Bust by Thursday!

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Isn’t that a common thing with 69?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Certainly some people are going to be looking like idiots soon. It's just a matter of who so go all in and seal your fate. So far the only thing we know for sure is that we don't know anything, kind of like what DRF said.

Marv like Dave is gone and isn't coming back anytime soon. Maybe this board will become the new version of Rebelnet pining over a long gone coach.

Its funny to me that 97% of the twitter rumors are saying its Matta and no one believes it, calling Rebel fans delusional, but ONE guy says its not happening and all of a sudden twitter is scripture. My sources tell me that Mark Anderson may not be in the loop on this one.  I'm not worried at all.

10 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

Certainly some people are going to be looking like idiots soon. It's just a matter of who so go all in and seal your fate. So far the only thing we know for sure is that we don't know anything, kind of like what DRF said.

Marv like Dave is gone and isn't coming back anytime soon. Maybe this board will become the new version of Rebelnet pining over a long gone coach.

9 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

Its funny to me that 97% of the twitter rumors are saying its Matta and no one believes it, calling Rebel fans delusional, but ONE guy says its not happening and all of a sudden twitter is scripture. My sources tell me that Mark Anderson may not be in the loop on this one.  I'm not worried at all.

We’re just having fun, guys.  This is mwcboarding at its finest.  

Personally I hope you hire Matta.  The conference needs UNLV to be good.  It raises everybody’s profile.  

12 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

Isn't it just easier to say, "UNLV off-season?"

#SaveTimeAndWords

12 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

Dude, I want you guys to land Matta.

I just hope for our sake the announcement isn't made until April. :ph34r:

I'm not looking for a 'new Beginning" as much as a "Major Upgrade". I'd like to see a capable teacher and gametime coach. A disciplined team, balanced on offense and aggressive on defense. A team that can stop endless drives to the basket for layups. A team that can play a high/low game and break a zone, pick and roll and screen instead of just passing around the outside until we throw up 20-30 3's. Overall a team that looks like D1 men's basketball. 

I see our competition making changes and playing good basketball. Reno from a few years ago is completely different today. USU from last year is completely different today. Fresno has made a big move forward into that same type of team. UNLV didn't and doesn't need 4 or 5 years to do the same exact thing that other teams can do in 1 year. I have high hopes for next year regardless of if it is Matta or someone else as long as we actually go after a quality teacher and coach.

3 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

I'm not looking for a 'new Beginning" as much as a "Major Upgrade". I'd like to see a capable teacher and gametime coach. A disciplined team, balanced on offense and aggressive on defense. A team that can stop endless drives to the basket for layups. A team that can play a high/low game and break a zone, pick and roll and screen instead of just passing around the outside until we throw up 20-30 3's. Overall a team that looks like D1 men's basketball. 

I see our competition making changes and playing good basketball. Reno form a few years ago is completely different today. USU from last year is completely different today. Fresno has made a big forward into that same type of team. UNLV didn't and doesn't need 4 or 5 years to do the same exact thing that other teams can do in 1 year. I have high hopes for next year regardless of it is Matta or someone else as long as we actually go after a quality teacher and coach.

That is pretty much how I feel.  We appear to have the money to hire someone that knows X's and O's and not someone who just promises X's and O's.

7 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

I see our competition making changes and playing good basketball. Reno from a few years ago is completely different today. USU from last year is completely different today. Fresno has made a big move forward into that same type of team. UNLV didn't and doesn't need 4 or 5 years to do the same exact thing that other teams can do in 1 year. I have high hopes for next year regardless of if it is Matta or someone else as long as we actually go after a quality teacher and coach.

What I read from a lot of Rebel fans has as much if not more to do with name recognition that will put BIS than it does X's and O's... it's assumed that any coaching hire can, you know, coach.