Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Hires TJ Otzelberger for $1.1 million a year

4 minutes ago, PlayersinVegas said:

Everyone UNLV is following Mike Miller on Twitter I think Miller is that guy. They are not following Penny Hardaway go check for yourselves

I must have missed something. Penny Hardaway?

2 minutes ago, PlayersinVegas said:

He has like 444k followers but UNLV athletics, Ameri Hardy,  and some other people who work at UNLv is following him... can’t be said for Jason Kidd tho

I'm assuming it's an older follow. Doesn't appear to be recent.

What do UNLV fans think of Frank Martin? Seems he wants out at South Carolina and to go to a more basketball focused school. His last couple years haven't been great, but South Carolina has a putrid basketball history and he took them to the final 4. 

A really intense guy, but seems like he could do well at UNLV. 

Just now, bigd said:

What do UNLV fans think of Frank Martin? Seems he wants out at South Carolina and to go to a more basketball focused school. His last couple years haven't been great, but South Carolina has a putrid basketball history and he took them to the final 4. 

A really intense guy, but seems like he could do well at UNLV. 

Reports said earlier he will not be considered

3 minutes ago, acousticpokie said:

I must have missed something. Penny Hardaway?

Mike Miller is currently working as an assistant for Penny Hardaway at Memphis. He's saying the fact they're following Miller but not Hardaway shows they're interested in him as a candidate.

Just now, Rebels2k3 said:

Reports said earlier he will not be considered

Are any of these reports really worth paying attention to at this point?

5 minutes ago, bigd said:

Mike Miller is currently working as an assistant for Penny Hardaway at Memphis. He's saying the fact they're following Miller but not Hardaway shows they're interested in him as a candidate.

Got it. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, RebelTexan said:

Get outta here asw, I remember you trying to convince us that Menzies was a decent hire.  

I did say that he'd get you to a respectable level.  I was wrong. 

Both Marvin and David Carter were good coaches in the WAC.  I thought Marvin would be able to recruit better guys to UNLV.  Instead he recruited WAC type of players. 

I hope Marvin lands on his feet and does well.  He's a good guy.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Guest #1Stunner
29 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Seriously though, Alford is not the right guy for us. He's a good coach, no doubt, but it's just not going to be a love connection. 

5 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I did say that he'd get you to a respectable level.  I was wrong. 

Both Marvin and David Carter were good coaches in the WAC.  I thought Marvin would be able to recruit better guys to UNLV.  Instead he recruited WAC type of players. 

I hope Marvin lands on his feet and does well.  He's a good guy.

Bro he had the number 12 recruiting class in 2017 and doubled the win total from his first year... dealt with injuries this season y’all crazy