Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Hires TJ Otzelberger for $1.1 million a year

10 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Didn’t Mediocre Menzies sweep your 8-24 team? Sad! 

I would hope a "big time" program such as yourselves would beat an injury-depleted roster of walk-ons. 

9 minutes ago, Greedy Reb said:

And yet no matter what you build or ever accomplish athletically, you will still be in Laramie Wyoming and that is punishment enough. 

And UNLV will always be a 3rd rate commuter school in a 3rd rate slum. 

5 minutes ago, Cheek Patch said:

Even high school coach sanchez is 1-1 against mighty wyoming

You hired a HS coach. The jokes on you. 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

I would hope a "big time" program such as yourselves would beat an injury-depleted roster of walk-ons. 

Can’t have a winning record vs a HS coach with your “amazing facilities”. Sad! 

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

No the joke is losing to a high school coach. 

6 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Can’t have a winning record vs a HS coach with your “amazing facilities”. Sad! 

It's better to have amazing facilities and the occasional boner of a game as opposed to being so desperate that the program has to whore itself out to the point it's hiring HS coaches to appease the johns and still playing in a dirt field near some trailer parks, with the only future prospect of getting out being that the program has to whore itself out again to some out of staters...

3 minutes ago, Cheek Patch said:

No the joke is losing to a high school coach. 

I agree it is a joke to lose to a program like your school's, but what are you going to do? It's one game. The real joke here is being stuck with some clappy loser for 3+ years because your school desperately whored itself out and now can't afford the buyout. 

I see things are going well in here

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Certainly more accurate and up to date than yours. 

I don't have any information.  Honestly, I don't think you do either.  Just days ago, you said RP was coming.  No one could convince you otherwise.

But I do hope you're right this time. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

19 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Why would I put my podcast rep on the line....:rotflmfao:

Oh these people that think 790 twitter followers makes them somebody with a rep. lol.

Hope he's right though. 

8 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

It's better to have amazing facilities and the occasional boner of a game as opposed to being so desperate that the program has to whore itself out to the point it's hiring HS coaches to appease the johns. 

We get it, getting swept by mediocre Menzies and losing to a HS coach is tough. Take out your frustration on the farm animals or whatever it is you like to do. 

6 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I don't have any information.  Honestly, I don't think you do either.  Just days ago, you said RP was coming.  No one could convince you otherwise.

But I do hope you're right this time. 

Link? I never claimed “days ago” that RP was coming. 

Can you imagine how obnoxious UNLV fans are going to be in the off season if we land a big fish.  You though we were bad with the recruiting championships in the Rice era?  Wait till we have Thad Matta and he lands a couple 5 stars. :rotflmfao:

6 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I agree it is a joke to lose to a program like your school's, but what are you going to do? It's one game. The real joke here is being stuck with some clappy loser for 3+ years because your school desperately whored itself out and now can't afford the buyout. 

Amen! I Don’t like Sanchez, never have, but it is too bad he hasn’t been able to play wyoming a few more times so he could add a couple more wins. Same with Menzies. He has led unlv through its worst 3 year stretch in program history and still managed a 4-1 record vs your school. Maybe if he could have played wyoming a few more times he could have saved his job

2 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

We get it, getting swept by mediocre Menzies and losing to a HS coach is tough. Take out your frustration on the farm animals or whatever it is you like to do. 

Nah. What's tough is believing that 30 years of futility is an aberration and not a trend. 

2 minutes ago, Cheek Patch said:

Amen! I Don’t like Sanchez, never have, but it is too bad he hasn’t been able to play wyoming a few more times so he could add a couple more wins. Same with Menzies. He has led unlv through its worst 3 year stretch in program history and still managed a 4-1 record vs your school. Maybe if he could have played wyoming a few more times he could have saved his job

Maybe. But that doesn't change the fact your school whored itself out so badly it was forced to hire a HS coach, and worse, is stuck with him for the foreseeable future.