Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Hires TJ Otzelberger for $1.1 million a year

24 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

Meanwhile, NMSU is blowing out Grand Canyon for the WAC title. Poor Marv is probably nostalgically watching, holding a half-empty bottle of scotch, a single tear streaming down his cheek.

Wow cold blooded!

36 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

Meanwhile, NMSU is blowing out Grand Canyon for the WAC title. Poor Marv is probably nostalgically watching, holding a half-empty bottle of scotch, a single tear streaming down his cheek.

Savage. 

50 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

He's just thinking of what to do with his 800 k.

Once the buyout period is over, he'll get a HC job at some small school.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Just now, Aslowhiteguy said:

He's just thinking of what to do with his 800 k.

Once the buyout period is over, he'll get a HC job at some small school.

True, and I hope he does well. If its a minnow conference, he'll probably put them on top. I wish him the best, but we're moving on to much bigger, much better things.

1 hour ago, VincentVegaBond said:

Nah, that's Weir.

1 hour ago, VincentVegaBond said:

Aw, that's mean.  Poor Marv...

3 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

I was big on Dan Majerle last go around.

While I think we need a big hire.

I would take him over a lot of others....

He would never leave Phoenix though.

Menzies was 5-1 against Thunder Dan and all were blow outs except for one win in Phoenix by 2 for GCU. 

Matta gets 100 k, per month, until June of 2020. Why give that up and work next season?

He also has worked with WSU's current AD who also might want to talk to him.

https://247sports.com/college/washington-state/Article/Washington-State-basketball-coaching-search-Thad-Matta-Cougs-Cougars-WSU-Wazzu-Patrick-Chun-130127499/

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

24 minutes ago, PrimeReb said:

Menzies was 5-1 against Thunder Dan and all were blow outs except for one win in Phoenix by 2 for GCU. 

Yeah and Thunder Dan was 2-0 vs. Steve Fisher :ph34r:

Just now, Aslowhiteguy said:

Matta gets 100 k, per month, until June of 2020. Why give that up and work at all next season?

https://247sports.com/college/washington-state/Article/Washington-State-basketball-coaching-search-Thad-Matta-Cougs-Cougars-WSU-Wazzu-Patrick-Chun-130127499/

Same reason all these old ass coaches still coach I guess. lol

Yeah I read that earlier. WSU is a tough gig. Unless they break the bank UNLV is definitely a better spot with a higher ceiling. Even in the MWC.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

10 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Matta gets 100 k, per month, until June of 2020. Why give that up and work next season?

Smart money says Thad Matta is coming to UNLV. Might as well get used to saying his name.

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

You’ll find out all in due time. 

I'm glad that I'll be busy playing on my RZR most of the next week. Waiting around here trying to find new information is wasted time. We should all have a better idea of the state of the program by this time next week. Until then it is just the same song from the same singers. Some are singing the blues and some singing pop-rock. Hire a good teacher and life will be right.

56 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

I'm glad that I'll be busy playing on my RZR most of the next week. Waiting around here trying to find new information is wasted time. We should all have a better idea of the state of the program by this time next week. Until then it is just the same song from the same singers. Some are singing the blues and some singing pop-rock. Hire a good teacher and life will be right.

I agree with you but i'm so excited the Mediocre Marv era is over and we have a seemingly competent pros running things this time around that i find myself checking the boards and twitter every half hour haha...

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

13 hours ago, VincentVegaBond said:

I'm sure the 2.something million he made the last 3 years helps dry those tears :-)

he can go on a year long golfing tour on UNLVs dime until he's ready to give it another shot somewhere...it's good work if you can get it lol

mem skyline sig.jpeg

13 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

I'm sure the 2.something million he made the last 3 years helps dry those tears :-)

he can go on a year long golfing tour on UNLVs dime until he's ready to give it another shot somewhere...it's good work if you can get it lol

I agree completely, its insane how much money he gets for not working. Hope he enjoys it, if I were him i'd go on a world tour with that cash!

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png