Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Hires TJ Otzelberger for $1.1 million a year

Alford is the way to go. He's taken 2 different programs to the Sweet 16 along with taking NM and Iowa to the Round of 32...UCLA will be paying him for the next 2 years so he'll take a 700k contract.

Alford>Menzies

mem skyline sig.jpeg

2 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

Alford is the way to go. He's taken 2 different programs to the Sweet 16 along with taking NM and Iowa to the Round of 32...UCLA will be paying him for the next 2 years so he'll take a 700k contract.

Alford>Menzies

Thad will bringing some A+ coaching staff.

4 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

Alford>Menzies

Please no. I hate that guy

7 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

UNR are frauds. Were never close to a legit top 10 team. I'd be surprised if they get to the 2nd round, let alone the S16

They're a pretty good team, just running out of gas in my opinion.  No Caroline today either.  They'll get a few days rest and be ready in the NCAA's I think.

They key to beating seems to be to out tough them. They seem to be less successful in the real physical games.

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

They're a pretty good team, just running out of gas in my opinion.  No Caroline today either.  They'll get a few days rest and be ready in the NCAA's I think.

They key to beating seems to be to out tough them. They seem to be less successful in the real physical games.

"Pretty good" is correct assessment. They deserve an at-large but id be shocked if they advance far.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Problem is they're in the 6/11 area. That slot can suck. Draw a hot P5 team that stole a bid or something.

Like right now they got NC State / TCU matchup on bracketology.  That would be a shitty ass draw 1st round.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

9 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Menzies will be a head coach again next season.  You will have to search hard to find assistants in their late 50’s.

Not at UNLV though. That's all that matters. 

And you can go become a fan of whichever school he goes to.

10 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Menzies will be a head coach again next season.  You will have to search hard to find assistants in their late 50’s.

He should hire Rice as his top assistant. Those two would rule at Huckleberry Tech for years to come!!

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

27 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

He’s going to Houston if Sampson takes the A&M job ...

edit: I noted on this a while back 👀 leaving a wack situation for a snack!!!

17 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Thad Matta will be fired if he doesn’t make the NCAA Tournament in two years.  That is INSANE but not as insane as Menzies’ situation.  That was the standard Menzies was held to.

PH can you honestly say with a straight face that you have more faith in Marvin then you do Thad? Thad is a different animal. It's comparing a Kia to a Ferrari.

19 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Thad Matta will be fired if he doesn’t make the NCAA Tournament in two years.  That is INSANE but not as insane as Menzies’ situation.  That was the standard Menzies was held to.

If Matta is hired, he'll be fired after 2 years if he schedules nothing but cupcakes, beats nothing but terrible sub .500 teams, and draws 2000 per game at the Mack, like Mediocre Marv did.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png