Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USU78

Lobos vs Aggies

11 minutes ago, NMSU92 said:

Really?  Squeaking out a win to the 14-18 UNM Lobos was the deciding factor?

Yes, USU was in and semi comfortably so. The only way they could +++++ it up was with a Quad 3 loss which they avoided tonight. I guess they just pray that AF doesn't pull 2 upsets in a row

33 minutes ago, SangerBulldog said:

okay calm down guy. don't start making ridiculous claims now 

My bad. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, cosinama said:

I want to fight all NM fans before they go back to that crack hole of a City. Please message me to arrange an appointment. Suck it. 

Was at the game. Great atmosphere. Aggie fans represented.

USU is legit.

Congrats on your season and tonight's win.

BTW...headed back to NM Saturday.

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I hope UNM has sense enough to recruit a point guard for next year. This team would have been way better with someone to control the offense. 

McGee(soph) and Drinnon (fr) and transfer JJ Caldwell will all be capable next year.

Mathis is not a point guard, yet Weir insisted he was for much of the season.

UNM is better than their record indicates, just they aren't very consistent. The UNM team we saw tonight was the one that crushed Reno at the Pit or nearly came back on us when we were up double digits in the Pit with just 5 minutes to go. That Technical on Weir was killer...but USU proved their case for an at-large tonight. Good teams come back and don't quit and can finish.

Both teams should be competitive next year for Top 4 (given how many people UNR and Fresno lose).

2 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

1. The blocking call where the UNM player was ejected was horse shit

2. The out of bounds call was horse shit

3. Refs were Paid by USU. Hope we don’t have to compete against them tomorrow 

1. If you watch the UNM players legs he ties Queta up with them and trips him

2. Yes. Absolutely yes. There was also a bogus 10 second call on USU where usu had advanced the ball beyond half court and it was knocked back by UNM

3. Dumb 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

42 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

2. Yes. Absolutely yes. There was also a bogus 10 second call on USU where usu had advanced the ball beyond half court and it was knocked back by UNM

3. Dumb 

at this point i hope the refs call the game shamelessly in favor of usu against fresno state and usu wins

that's what we do around here, right?  we take things that other people dislike and we rub it in their face?  or do we start a kajillion dumbass threads about a team that isn't doing well just to rub their faces in it like bullies?  i can't remember.

55 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

3. Dumb 

Agree across the board. To add to #1: Bragg flopped, realized he didn't get the call, then scissored Queta's ankle. 

Other horrific calls: 

- The 10 second call you mentioned. Merrill had both feet and the ball well across half court. Karma for the call we got in NM. 

- The ball going out on Queta before Weir's technical (the technical was fully deserved though) 

- Merrill's second foul on the fast break. He jumped vertically and was pushed back by Jackson's momentum. Should have been a play on. 

The refs were truly terrible both ways. Ultimately I think the Lobos played as well as I've seen them all year, they just seemed to run out of steam at the end, which was very fortunate for the Aggies. That's the difficulty of pressing the entire game after playing the night before. Things are looking up in ABQ. Also, I couldn't believe how loud the NM fans were - sounded like we were playing in the Pit most of the night. 

24 minutes ago, mondego said:

Agree across the board. To add to #1: Bragg flopped, realized he didn't get the call, then scissored Queta's ankle. 

Other horrific calls: 

- The 10 second call you mentioned. Merrill had both feet and the ball well across half court. Karma for the call we got in NM. 

- The ball going out on Queta before Weir's technical (the technical was fully deserved though) 

- Merrill's second foul on the fast break. He jumped vertically and was pushed back by Jackson's momentum. Should have been a play on. 

The refs were truly terrible both ways. Ultimately I think the Lobos played as well as I've seen them all year, they just seemed to run out of steam at the end, which was very fortunate for the Aggies. That's the difficulty of pressing the entire game after playing the night before. Things are looking up in ABQ. Also, I couldn't believe how loud the NM fans were - sounded like we were playing in the Pit most of the night. 

UNM has tons of talent and athleticism. They may need another year to put it together. Jackson starting to play well is a nightmare for the rest of the MW. A guy that's 6'9" with those handles? Tough to guard. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

That was a dog fight last night. Congrats USU, you guys have a great coach. I hope you guys make the tourney. Disappointed in the officiating, but oh well.

Regarding UNM, man what a ,miserable season. We have an influx of talent next year so we should be competing for the title if Weir can piece it together.

25 minutes ago, Lobonado said:

That was a dog fight last night. Congrats USU, you guys have a great coach. I hope you guys make the tourney. Disappointed in the officiating, but oh well.

Regarding UNM, man what a ,miserable season. We have an influx of talent next year so we should be competing for the title if Weir can piece it together.

Lobos lacked a point guard or would have been challenging for the top spot this year. There is good talent on that team, just no one to direct it. Put a good point guard with leadership skill on that team and watch out. 

53 minutes ago, Lobonado said:

UNM is going to be top 3 in this conference next year. You absolutely have the coaching, talent and support to do it. 

18 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

1. The blocking call where the UNM player was ejected was horse shit

2. The out of bounds call was horse shit

3. Refs were Paid by USU. Hope we don’t have to compete against them tomorrow 

You got your wish.