Jump to content
RamSack

The Equality Act - Do you support it?

The Equality Act  

12 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you support efforts to ban LGBTQ discrimination to the Equality Act?

    • Yes
      6
    • No
      6
    • Undecided
      0


Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

I am against special rights.

If they are equal then they are equal.   Let them be equal, why do they need a law to say it if they are equal to begin with?

For the same reasons we needed a law to give people of color equal rights and another to give women equal rights...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, RamSack said:

For the same reasons we needed a law to give people of color equal rights and another to give women equal rights...

Has it made them equal?

No, it has hurt their equality.  Everything they achieve is discounted because of these laws.   

Giving people a special rights law is a way to keep them unequal forever which is of course what democrats want.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, sean327 said:

So? Why is this a problem? 

If Harvard wants their student population to have a similar diversity as the overall population, why is that a problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, renoskier said:

If Harvard wants their student population to have a similar diversity as the overall population, why is that a problem?

As long as Harvard admits it is not basing its acceptance rate on merit they can do whatever they want.  They are a private institution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2019 at 1:31 PM, bluerules009 said:

Has it made them equal?

No, it has hurt their equality.  Everything they achieve is discounted because of these laws.   

Giving people a special rights law is a way to keep them unequal forever which is of course what democrats want.

I think you’re confusing equal protection under the law with affirmative action. The way I read this, it wouldn’t grant LGBTQ special status but rather protect them under bigoted circumstances. For example, if or when @Extra Mayocomes out of the closet, his employer should not be able to fire him because of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unlike other ppl, I sure as **** wouldn't be posting on an internet message board while my guay lover husband was on his deathbed.

What a narcissistic jackass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I think you’re confusing equal protection under the law with affirmative action. The way I read this, it wouldn’t grant LGBTQ special status but rather protect them under bigoted circumstances. For example, if or when @Extra Mayocomes out of the closet, his employer should not be able to fire him because of it. 

I am fine with equal protection under the law and that isn't what this is.   It is a special law for special people and it will hurt them more than it helps them.  It will also perpetuate hate and discord among the population.

These laws do no one any good.   They do the opposite long term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

I am fine with equal protection under the law and that isn't what this is.   It is a special law for special people and it will hurt them more than it helps them.  It will also perpetuate hate and discord among the population.

These laws do no one any good.   They do the opposite long term.

Well, it depends on what the law actually is. If it is as you say, than I agree. If it is as I think it is, then I hope and trust you are with me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×