Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

11-75 Record. A new record?

19 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

That’s SJSU’s combined football and basketball record the last 2 years. Yup, 9-75.

Sorry for another SJSU sucks thread, but that has to be the worst 2 year record in history.  0.107 winning percentage.  

I believe it's 11 wins.....3 football....8 basketball.....

12 minutes ago, Dimwhit said:

2 of the 3 in football were FBS competition. No clue about Basketball.

Dammit now I have to look it up...

Life Pacific (NAIA)

Bethune Cookman

Northern Arizona

New Mexico

Antelope Valley (NAIA)

Idaho State

Santa Clara

Utah State

#sjsustats

7 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Dammit now I have to look it up...

Life Pacific (NAIA)

Bethune Cookman

Northern Arizona

New Mexico

Antelope Valley (NAIA)

Idaho State

Santa Clara

Utah State

#sjsustats

See... I knew we’d go down on the history books... yes... wait! :blink:

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

You actually got me to look up if it was the worst combined record. I mostly just skimmed through, but it appears the closest to 11 combined wins in football and basketball across a 2 year period was... San Jose State with 18. Getting a combined 9 wins during The 2013 and 2014 football seasons, and a combined 9 during the 2013-14 and 2014-15 basketball seasons

You can get 21 with San Diego State but you have to include their last year in The WAC, plus their first year in The MWC. So that doesn't really count

9 minutes ago, sebasour said:

You actually got me to look up if it was the worst combined record. I mostly just skimmed through, but it appears the closest to 11 combined wins in football and basketball across a 2 year period was... San Jose State with 18. Getting a combined 9 wins during The 2013 and 2014 football seasons, and a combined 9 during the 2013-14 and 2014-15 basketball seasons

You can get 21 with San Diego State but you have to include their last year in The WAC, plus their first year in The MWC. So that doesn't really count

So, they beat their own record? 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

9 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

So, they beat their own record? 

It appears so, but again I wasn't super thorough in checking. It's actually been somewhat rare for a basketball team to fail to win 11 games within a single season in our league, and for the few teams that did, once you add the wins from the previous or following seasons, plus 2 football seasons on top of that, nothing seems to come close to 11 or 18 for that matter.

1 hour ago, Spot50B said:

How many of those wins are against D1 competition?

You just had to bring that part up. :rimshot1:

This season we had one more loss in MBB (27) than last season with the same amount of wins (4). So we actually did even worse % wise. :waiting: 

6 minutes ago, crixus said:

This season we had one more loss in MBB (27) than last season with the same amount of wins (4). So we actually did even worse % wise. :waiting:

You have to wonder how things would have turned out without the player exodus.

If Brandon Clarke were still in San Jose they’d be middle of the pack in MW this year.

25 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

You have to wonder how things would have turned out without the player exodus.

If Brandon Clarke were still in San Jose they’d be middle of the pack in MW this year.

Ryan Welage was also a very good player, but he bolted to Xavier this season. :shots:

In three seasons at San Jose State, 6'-9'' Welage set a team record with 161 career 3-pointers and ranks sixth with 1,258 career points. He earned All-Mountain West Conference honorable mention honors last season as a junior as he averaged 18.1 points and shot 43 percent from the 3-point line.