Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

SJSU vs Air Force

Finally this f'n season is over. Sorry MWC. 

29 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Sorry you guys suck so much.  I know we all give SJSU shit around here but you guys deserve better than what your administration has given you. 

Kick us out...please! That's the only way things will change at SJSU Athletics. But we both know that won't happen. We'll continue to be the MW bottomfeeder. :fish:

31 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Finally this f'n season is over. Sorry MWC. 

May we rest in peace. :digging:

8 minutes ago, crixus said:

Kick us out...please! That's the only way things will change at SJSU Athletics. But we both know that won't happen. We'll continue to be the MW bottomfeeder. :fish:

That’s probably the best decision for all parties.  You guys need to be in a conference where you’re competitive in revenue sports.  Probably the Big Sky for football and Big West for basketball. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

47 minutes ago, SangerBulldog said:

I wouldn't count AF out against us tomorrow. definitely ganna be a test for us.

Good win for my Falcons.  Looking for a good game tomorrow.  If AF can take care of the ball I believe we can be in this game. Go Falcons 

..GO FALCONS..

37 minutes ago, mugtang said:

That’s probably the best decision for all parties.  You guys need to be in a conference where you’re competitive in revenue sports.  Probably the Big Sky for football and Big West for basketball. 

It would probably be the WAC (we still play Men's soccer there). But I don't hear anyone in power complaining, just us on message boards. I haven't heard the other school Presidents or AD's saying kick us out. And until they do thing's won't change. I think they like having SJSU around because it's pretty much a guaranteed win for the MW teams.

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Tough choice to make, @Bruininthebay.  Either SJSU, a former charter member, is left out.  Or they return and displace a Cal State Bakersfield nobody really wanted.  There's no room for both.

36 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Tough choice to make, @Bruininthebay.  Either SJSU, a former charter member, is left out.  Or they return and displace a Cal State Bakersfield nobody really wanted.  There's no room for both.

They won't kick Bako out right after they let them in. If SJSU goes anywhere for Oly sports I think it would be the WAC. But I doubt were going anywhere. It's all message board chatter. Have any Presidents or AD's from the other MW teams mentioned it? I haven't heard or seen it. They love beating us in football and basketball too much to toss us out.

2 hours ago, crixus said:

Starting to worry about you crixus...Cincy may be onto something after all, which would be a first....#flimsy?

33 minutes ago, crixus said:

They won't kick Bako out right after they let them in. If SJSU goes anywhere for Oly sports I think it would be the WAC. But I doubt were going anywhere. It's all message board chatter. Have any Presidents or AD's from the other MW teams mentioned it? I haven't heard or seen it. They love beating us in football and basketball too much to toss us out.

They're not in yet.  Until they actually join, they are still members of another conference.  Agreements can be broken, just look at SDSU and Boise.

54 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

They're not in yet.  Until they actually join, they are still members of another conference.  Agreements can be broken, just look at SDSU and Boise.

That's true. But as I mentioned, I doubt were going anywhere. It's all message board chatter which is essentially nothing more than rumors. :secret:

1 hour ago, jdgaucho said:

1) they were invited as football only members

2) The Big East/AAC didn’t kick them out 

So I don’t know how your example is really relevant. I mean has a school ever been invited to a conference as a full member, accepted the invitation, and then had the conference rescind that invite? Seems like there is about a 0% chance of CSUB and UCSD not joining the BW.

1 hour ago, SalinasSpartan said:

1) they were invited as football only members

2) The Big East/AAC didn’t kick them out 

So I don’t know how your example is really relevant. I mean has a school ever been invited to a conference as a full member, accepted the invitation, and then had the conference rescind that invite? Seems like there is about a 0% chance of CSUB and UCSD not joining the BW.

1) SDSU and Boise were invited to the BW as full members, then backed out.  The relevance is they proved that until the move is actually made, agreements can be broken by either side as the schools haven't joined yet.

2) No.  I don't know of any cases where a school was invited to a conference as a full member, accepted the invitation, then had it ripped away. That has probably never happened before.  If SJSU suddenly becomes available before July 2020?  Then you might have that first case. 

But hypothetically it wouldn't be UCSD having their invite pulled, it would be CSUB.  To be replaced by San Jose State - the presidents and chancellors can tout a better academic fit, a better location and a former charter member.  Again, just a theory.

8 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

1) SDSU and Boise were invited to the BW as full members, then backed out.  The relevance is they proved that until the move is actually made, agreements can be broken by either side as the schools haven't joined yet.

2) No.  I don't know of any cases where a school was invited to a conference as a full member, accepted the invitation, then had it ripped away. That has probably never happened before.  If SJSU suddenly becomes available before July 2020?  Then you might have that first case. 

But hypothetically it wouldn't be UCSD having their invite pulled, it would be CSUB.  To be replaced by San Jose State - the presidents and chancellors can tout a better academic fit, a better location and a former charter member.  Again, just a theory.

Dread it.... run from it... the California State University at Bakersfield arrives all the same. 

15 hours ago, creeper86 said:

Starting to worry about you crixus...Cincy may be onto something after all, which would be a first....#flimsy?

Crixus said he used to go skiing at Mammoth Mountain when he went to SJS.

One problem: the only mountain pass to get from SJ to MM is closed all winter, and doesn't open back up until finals are done. It's quicker to get to MM from SD or Phoenix than it is to get there from South Bay.

Maybe he hitched a ride there on CardinalTrojan's G6?

#CSIsockpuppets #DunDunDun

3 hours ago, Extra Mayo said:

Crixus said he used to go skiing at Mammoth Mountain when he went to SJS.

One problem: the only mountain pass to get from SJ to MM is closed all winter, and doesn't open back up until finals are done. It's quicker to get to MM from SD or Phoenix than it is to get there from South Bay.

Maybe he hitched a ride there on CardinalTrojan's G6?

#CSIsockpuppets #DunDunDun

Not a problem at all. I grew up and still live in SoCal and went to Mammoth once during the holiday break, as do thousands of people each year. You can drive or take a shuttle (I-5 North to 14 North to 395 North to 203). There's a lot of students at Bay Area schools who come from SoCal and go home for Thanksgiving, Christmas and/or Easter breaks. 

19 hours ago, crixus said:

Not a problem at all. I grew up and still live in SoCal and went to Mammoth once during the holiday break, as do thousands of people each year. You can drive or take a shuttle (I-5 North to 14 North to 395 North to 203). There's a lot of students at Bay Area schools who come from SoCal and go home for Thanksgiving, Christmas and/or Easter breaks. 

Edit much?!