Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

#4 SDSU VS #5 UNLV - MWC Tournament

11 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Now youre just being disingenuous. You named 9 players, but then couched your statement by saying, "not there yet."

That is why it was important to sign JC and Transfer players who were ready. So you dont end up with 11 and 17 win seasons. Youre arguing against your own points once again.

Blair, Coleman and Robotham are all walk ons. Blair and Noah started multiple games this year, but yeah, theres plenty of talent on the roster.

All of the 3 year players have just been holding up the bench, save for Clyburn. USU's 3 year guys are their best players and one of them is MWC POY. Not even close to the same ball park.

If you sign more talent with scholarships, you dont end up with walkons playing due to 1 significant injury. 

Dembele is a part of those bad player signings I mentioned. 

You keep saying that the team can just let every player go pre-grad, and that is not true because of APR. It doesnt matter how long theyve been in your program so long as they graduate. 

Seems like you dont know as much about APR as you pretend, but thats not a shock based on this back and forth.

So I'm disingenuous, but you call Blair and Robotham...both former D1 scholarship players who came home to play for UNLV ....walkons...and treat as if they are just normal walkons...

Coleman played scrub mins. Only meaningful mins he got was UNM when we lost like 3 bigs and had to play small.

Again....you act as if the talent pool in JC and transfer was that much better than what we got in year 1...that late in recruiting period. They were hole fillers...doesn't matter where they were.

Again...year 1. a wash. you compare to USU...talk about straw man. How long were they recruiting those kids?

Dembele was used as a rotational player. Even started year 1. Hurts your point.

K I know nothing. You win!

Fire Menzies!

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

6 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

So I'm disingenuous, but you call Blair and Robotham...both former D1 scholarship players who came home to play for UNLV ....walkons...and treat as if they are just normal walkons...

Coleman played scrub mins. Only meaningful mins he got was UNM when we lost like 3 bigs and had to play small.

Again....you act as if the talent pool in JC and transfer was that much better than what we got in year 1...that late in recruiting period. They were hole fillers...doesn't matter where they were.

Again...year 1. a wash. you compare to USU...talk about straw man. How long were they recruiting those kids?

Dembele was used as a rotational player. Even started year 1. Hurts your point.

K I know nothing. You win!

Fire Menzies!

Started year 1 in a season the team won 11 games. Strengthens my point, actually. Basically zero talent.

Noah is a d-1 athlete, I admit. But only barely. It speaks volumes that MM missed on so many recruits that he has to start and play Noah virtually every minute.

Another straw man argument because I never compared year 1 for MM to USU. I compare this year to last year USU. Try again, buddy boy.

Houston plays 5 Jucos. Texas tech, West Virginia, Cincinnati, and reno all play JC players and they are all a lot better than UNLV.  The two best players on this roster are JUCOS. C'mon man... You gotta do better.

Not a lucid argument on your behalf. Fake news.

I am also not arguing that Menzies should be fired. Another strawman fake news argument.

1 minute ago, qwelish said:

Started year 1 in a season the team won 11 games. Strengthens my point, actually. Basically zero talent.

Noah is a d-1 athlete, I admit. But only barely. It speaks volumes that MM missed on so many recruits that he has to start and play Noah virtually every minute.

Another straw man argument because I never compared year 1 for MM to USU. I compare this year to last year USU. Try again, buddy boy.

Houston plays 5 Jucos. Texas tech, West Virginia, Cincinnati, and reno all have JC players and they are all a lot better than UNLV.  

Not a lucid argument on your behalf. Fake news.

I am also not arguing that Menzies should be fired. Another strawman fake news argument.

I'm going your route of sarcasm. "Menzies does no wrong to you"

Comparing MM to any program right now is still mute point and dumb as +++++ though. You're comparing stability and connections to depleted program and moving into a desk late april...

Who said NO JC players... ever? Dude I swear you're just trolling me now.

1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

I'm going your route of sarcasm. "Menzies does no wrong to you"

Comparing MM to any program right now is still mute point and dumb as +++++ though. You're comparing stability and connections to depleted program and moving into a desk late april...

Who said NO JC players... ever? Dude I swear you're just trolling me now.

Not really, usu was pretty much at the same point last season with mostly 1 and 2 year players. Just like UNLV.

They added 2 impact freshmen and changed coaches. 

UNLV will have a number of 2 and 3 year guys next year and will add, hopefully, 2 impact players. 

The situations are almost identical. 

Just now, qwelish said:

Not really, usu was pretty much at the same point last season with mostly 1 and 2 year players. Just like UNLV.

They added 2 impact freshmen and changed coaches. 

UNLV will have a number of 2 and 3 year guys next year and will add, hopefully, 2 impact players. 

The situations are almost identical. 

And we will see that jump next season.

12 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

Again....you act as if the talent pool in JC and transfer was that much better than what we got in year 1..

I was responding to this. 

The JC and Transfer pool IS that much better than what UNLV got year 1. 

The best players MM has signed so far have all been JUCO's except McCoy. 

Not trolling. Are you trolling?

Just now, BestintheWest said:

And we will see that jump next season.

I agree there will be a jump. Im not sure it will be on par with USU, but it should be some measure of it. I still think the team needs 1 more impact wing player, but I could be off there.

Im usually pretty spot on evaluating players.

Just now, qwelish said:

I agree there will be a jump. Im not sure it will be on par with USU, but it should be some measure of it. I still think the team needs 1 more impact wing player, but I could be off there.

Im usually pretty spot on evaluating players.

nvm on that.

Just now, qwelish said:

New coach so its even MORE identical to USU.

Time to welcome Thad or Jason Kidd...!!! 

You're high dude.

Nate Oates. lmao.