Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

NCAA Section Committee -- Thompson's influence

Guest #1Stunner
  • Mitch Barnhart, director of athletics, University of Kentucky 
  • Tom Burnett, commissioner, Southland Conference 
  • Janet Cone, director of athletics, University of North Carolina Asheville 
  • Bernadette McGlade, commissioner, Atlantic 10 Conference 
  • Michael O’Brien, vice president and director of athletics, University of Toledo 
  • Jim Phillips, vice president for athletics and recreation, Northwestern University 
  • Chris Reynolds, vice president for intercollegiate athletics, Bradley University 
  • Craig "The Hair" Thompson, commissioner, Mountain West Conference 
  • Kevin White, director of athletics, Duke University 

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2019-02-08/who-ncaa-selection-committee

Thompson is the only committee member from the Western United States.  It will be interesting how many total bids come from out of the west.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:
  • Mitch Barnhart, director of athletics, University of Kentucky 
  • Tom Burnett, commissioner, Southland Conference 
  • Janet Cone, director of athletics, University of North Carolina Asheville 
  • Bernadette McGlade, commissioner, Atlantic 10 Conference 
  • Michael O’Brien, vice president and director of athletics, University of Toledo 
  • Jim Phillips, vice president for athletics and recreation, Northwestern University 
  • Chris Reynolds, vice president for intercollegiate athletics, Bradley University 
  • Craig "The Hair" Thompson, commissioner, Mountain West Conference 
  • Kevin White, director of athletics, Duke University 

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2019-02-08/who-ncaa-selection-committee

Thompson is the only committee member from the Western United States.  It will be interesting how many total bids come from out of the west.

Right now looks like a possibility of 9: Big Sky, Big West, WAC, 2 from WCC, 2 from Pac-12 and 2 from MWC

11 minutes ago, thatsmymammy said:

why don't the schools want him out?

No freaking idea.  Buy him a new set of clubs and a lifetime membership at the Broadmoor and consider it a cheap out.

I once worked on a farm that CSU had.   We had a guy on the farm that knew a ton about everything.  Typical old dude (I was in my twenties so to me he was old) that had worked for the state since he was my age and was just counting the days to retirement.  His name was Charlie, and when I needed wisdom I looked for Charlie.  When I needed youth and energy to get a job done I looked to the students that I supervised.  So one day I'm walking around the farm just checking things out, and I hear a banging in the shop.  Nice to know that Charlie is hard at work.  I wandered over there to see what he was fixing.  Charlie was just standing around hitting an anvil with a hammer.  Making noise so folks knew he was working.   Just standing there, occasionally hitting the anvil.  That's all.  True story.  The guy was just making noise to get to retirement. No real contribution to the farm, but too important to let go.

Hello Craig Thompson.  Just pounding that anvil.

Just sayin'.