Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackrabbit

Who Needs Division More?

13 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

Good people getting destroyed by the media for wearing a maga hat.

Is that even an example of PC?

Who's been "destroyed"?

How has the "media" hurt anyone for wearing a MAGA hat? I know a San Fran restaurant said they MAGA hats weren't welcome but what's that have to do with the media.

Also, why does anyone wear a MAGA hat? Especially now that the campaign is over.

22 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Who's been "destroyed"?

How has the "media" hurt anyone for wearing a MAGA hat? I know a San Fran restaurant said they MAGA hats weren't welcome but what's that have to do with the media.

Also, why does anyone wear a MAGA hat? Especially now that the campaign is over.

A Covington high school student would disagree with this take and has $500M+ in lawsuits so far to prove it.  And make no mistake about it, the media attacked and misrepresented the “story” because he was wearing a MAGA hat as evidenced by the many headlines and photos putting it front and center at the time.  It wouldn’t have registered a blip with the 50 or so media outlets about to get sued if he was wearing a Clinton/Kaine hat.

v0icAvfW.jpg

47 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Who's been "destroyed"?

Getting triggered by a maga hat...holy shit! 

You cant see the left has defined them to be racist and non pc?  The media has only reinforced this whole fiasco.  

A red hat has become a target all over the country....you know the people wearing them are all....deplorable!

2 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

A Covington high school student would disagree with this take and has $500M+ in lawsuits so far to prove it.  And make no mistake about it, the media attacked and misrepresented the “story” because he was wearing a MAGA hat as evidenced by the many headlines and photos putting it front and center at the time.  It wouldn’t have registered a blip with the 50 or so media outlets about to get sued if he was wearing a Clinton/Kaine hat.

Again, is that even an example of PC?

54 minutes ago, easybronc said:

Washington (CNN)Rep. Maxine Waters called on her supporters to publicly confront and harass members of the Trump administration 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/25/politics/maxine-waters-trump-officials/index.html

Again...?

1 hour ago, Jackrabbit said:

For who?

You, the only guy on this board who makes Nevada Convert look self aware

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

It’s an example of the media “hurting” someone for wearing a MAGA hat just like he asked for in the post I quoted. 

I feel like we're going in to the weeds. Mwcboarding

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

I was expecting this thread to be about math.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

10 hours ago, happycamper said:

Again, is that even an example of PC?

The term make America great again is well known as a trigger for everything bad....if you wont admit that you are playing dumb. 

People beleive it is insensitive to wear one because the left is trying to change the meaning of maga.

It is the perfect example of PC. 

Undocumented immigrants...minimizes the rule of law....

It is insensitive to wash shit off sidewalks because firehoses were used against black protesters....

Safe spaces are supposed to protect sensitive people....how destructive is that?....want more?

6 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

The term make America great again is well known as a trigger for everything bad....if you wont admit that you are playing dumb. 

People beleive it is insensitive to wear one because the left is trying to change the meaning of maga.

It is the perfect example of PC. 

Undocumented immigrants...minimizes the rule of law....

It is insensitive to wash shit off sidewalks because firehoses were used against black protesters....

Safe spaces are supposed to protect sensitive people....how destructive is that?....want more?

Jack, you're whining about anyone ever criticizing conservatives and then also criticize the idea of a safe space? You want to eliminate what MAGA means to people but criticize "changing meanings of words"? You criticize hyper sensitivity but any time race or racism is mentioned, you shut your brain off and play the victim?

Seriously, all I'm seeing is that Jackrabbit has no idea how much he describes himself when he criticizes liberals.  

My wife is going to back to college to earn her degree after a long hiatus.  She is taking an introductory sociology class, and what she describes is nothing like the sociology class I took 15 years ago.  She is being taught about white male privilege, modern race theory, LGBTQ discrimination, ect.  All from an incredibly biased and slanted position.  Her professor, who is a nationally recognized, cites Wikipedia articles as fact, doesn't give statistics from peer reviewed sources, and doesn't offer both positions.  The class has been divided, leading to vitriolic abuse when someone offers an opinion that isn't in line with the purported theory.  When I was in college long ago I knew that this sort of environment was being cultivated in the women's studies and racial studies departments, but never thought that it would trickle down to permeate the basic undergraduate classes required for many degree plans. 

Happycamper, you argue that we are not being divided.  We are - from both sides of the political isle.  Unfortunately, with the trend in education I believe this division will only become worse in the future.

3 hours ago, Los_Aztecas said:

My wife is going to back to college to earn her degree after a long hiatus.  She is taking an introductory sociology class, and what she describes is nothing like the sociology class I took 15 years ago.  She is being taught about white male privilege, modern race theory, LGBTQ discrimination, ect.  All from an incredibly biased and slanted position.  Her professor, who is a nationally recognized, cites Wikipedia articles as fact, doesn't give statistics from peer reviewed sources, and doesn't offer both positions.  The class has been divided, leading to vitriolic abuse when someone offers an opinion that isn't in line with the purported theory.  When I was in college long ago I knew that this sort of environment was being cultivated in the women's studies and racial studies departments, but never thought that it would trickle down to permeate the basic undergraduate classes required for many degree plans. 

Happycamper, you argue that we are not being divided.  We are - from both sides of the political isle.  Unfortunately, with the trend in education I believe this division will only become worse in the future.

Unfortunately most of the lemmings lap up what this professor preaches without questioning him. I had a similar professor in an undergraduate philosophy class that openly criticized and bullied students if they dared have a different opinion. 

15 hours ago, happycamper said:

Jack, you're whining about anyone ever criticizing conservatives and then also criticize the idea of a safe space? You want to eliminate what MAGA means to people but criticize "changing meanings of words"? You criticize hyper sensitivity but any time race or racism is mentioned, you shut your brain off and play the victim?

Seriously, all I'm seeing is that Jackrabbit has no idea how much he describes himself when he criticizes liberals.  

You agree with others corrupting your thought, and that is dangerous my friend.   I do not allow myself to be a victim.

1 hour ago, Jackrabbit said:

You agree with others corrupting your thought, and that is dangerous my friend.   I do not allow myself to be a victim.

You CONSTANTLY play the victim. Just constantly. More than any other poster on this board. Any time any certain forbidden words are said you shut down and bleat in complaint. I'd say you turn your brain off,  but honestly,  when it comes to politics you seem to have never started it. 

Seriously dude you are only describing yourself.

DemoKKKrats need a scapegoat. Up until the 1960s, it was the blacks fault. After the CR era, they had to switch tactics. So all the sudden it turned into the white guy's fault.

Credit where credit is due: it takes a certain amount of genius to get the same lol you blame everything on to vote for you too!!1

The Republicans need the dims to do what they do, so they can feign righteous indignation. But rly it's just two sides of the same coin: Big Govt.Dems and Big Govt. RINOs

7 hours ago, happycamper said:

You CONSTANTLY play the victim. Just constantly. More than any other poster on this board. Any time any certain forbidden words are said you shut down and bleat in complaint. I'd say you turn your brain off,  but honestly,  when it comes to politics you seem to have never started it. 

Seriously dude you are only describing yourself.

It is funny you will ignore a century of history without any thought.   To support your obvious bias.

You have become as bad as Jackmoron.