Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackrabbit

Who Needs Division More?

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Politics feeds on division.  Both sides need it like a junkie needs their fix.

The Republicans don't need it like the Dems do.   The Dems need it for survival.  The Republicans are stupid for playing into it. 

1 hour ago, alum93 said:

The 70+ year old with orange skin and a combover would be my guess.  Who pays???  Mexico!!!!!

Was hoping for serious discussion.  All the aggrieved racists, and special people running around looking for triggers have no solutions better than the orange guy.  

11 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

The Republicans don't need it like the Dems do.   The Dems need it for survival.  The Republicans are stupid for playing into it. 

Whatever the reason, they all do it.  And anyone who buys into "their team" are the morons who support it.

1 hour ago, Jackrabbit said:

Was hoping for serious discussion.  All the aggrieved racists, and special people running around looking for triggers have no solutions better than the orange guy.  

I responded with sarcasm because the statement below doesn't sound like you were looking for serious discussion.  It sounds like typical - my side is right and your side is wrong baloney.  

"Its essential for the left's identity politics.  Progressives have nothing else to run on."

To answer your question, Trump ran on hate and divisiveness and continues to do so.  He has no plan B.  Just look at his rallies.  Heck, look at how the man tweets.  There are probably many candidates that can run on both sides and win focusing on policy discussion and facts.  Trump isn't one of them and never will be.  As far as the parties themselves, i agree with what Aztec wrote above.

3 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Whatever the reason, they all do it.  And anyone who buys into "their team" are the morons who support it.

Perhaps all play the game...but Progressives issues couldn't survive without serious division.

3 hours ago, alum93 said:

I responded with sarcasm because the statement below doesn't sound like you were looking for serious discussion.  It sounds like typical - my side is right and your side is wrong baloney.  

"Its essential for the left's identity politics.  Progressives have nothing else to run on."

To answer your question, Trump ran on hate and divisiveness and continues to do so.  He has no plan B.  Just look at his rallies.  Heck, look at how the man tweets.  There are probably many candidates that can run on both sides and win focusing on policy discussion and facts.  Trump isn't one of them and never will be.  As far as the parties themselves, i agree with what Aztec wrote above.

The aggrevance industry was long in place long before trump.  His insensitivities just put it into overdrive.

4 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

Dude you are using division to furthet your "my side doesn't need division" argument

Self awareness...

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

4 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Dude you are using division to furthet your "my side doesn't need division" argument

Self awareness...

The best example is political correctness.  It is a destructive  tool created by the left.  Its genius.... words can be manipulated,  meanings changed and weaponized at will.  Where would liberals be without it?  This is one of the main tools used by the progressive grievance industry.

28 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

The best example is political correctness.  It is a destructive  tool created by the left.  Its genius.... words can be manipulated,  meanings changed and weaponized at will.  Where would liberals be without it?  This is one of the main tools used by the progressive grievance industry.

I am still not seeing a serious discussion desire in your posts.  They sound more like rants against the left.  Which is fine, but what are you hoping for in response?  My original comment on Trump's looks seem like it fits right in on this thread on the sarcasm meter.

1 hour ago, alum93 said:

I am still not seeing a serious discussion desire in your posts.  They sound more like rants against the left.  Which is fine, but what are you hoping for in response?  My original comment on Trump's looks seem like it fits right in on this thread on the sarcasm meter.

This is a rant about the left.

Is political correctness not something very real that affects how we think and communicate?  I am pointing out how serious and dangerous it is. 

The grievance industry was around long before trump hit the scene. You cant blame this bullshit on him....he only sent the progressives into overdrive.

You missed. 

2 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

So your theory is that the left is the sole source of "changing, manipulating, and weaponizing" words when we got gems like freedom fries or insisting on English at home, or that the "grievance industry" is progressive - when Donald Trump got elected?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

4 minutes ago, happycamper said:

So your theory is that the left is the sole source of "changing, manipulating, and weaponizing" words when we got gems like freedom fries or insisting on English at home, or that the "grievance industry" is progressive - when Donald Trump got elected?

The democrats have been using division since before the civil war.  Trump stole their tactic but that doesn't make it a republican thing at least yet.

1 hour ago, Jackrabbit said:

This is a rant about the left.

Is political correctness not something very real that affects how we think and communicate?  I am pointing out how serious and dangerous it is. 

The grievance industry was around long before trump hit the scene. You cant blame this bullshit on him....he only sent the progressives into overdrive.

You missed. 

Please point out an example of PC which is serious or dangerous.

7 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

But teams and shit, man.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

14 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Please point out an example of PC which is serious or dangerous.

Climate change

Native American policies

College admission policies

immigration policies

The discussion of any subject by an old white male.

We can go on for days if you want more.

Rich versus poor, law and order versus criminal behavior, race versus race, secularism versus religion, government control versus freedom, female versus male, abortion versus pro life, etc. etc. Lots of divisive buttons out there progressives push all the time.