Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Well It's a Good Thing They Changed the Name To "Climate Change"

13 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Some scientists have even gone on news shows and have said they’re afraid to report data that contradicts the sheep because they don’t want to have their careers ruined. 

https://www.iceagenow.info/headed-for-space-age-record-cold-warns-nasa-scientist/

A cold upper atmosphere due to lack of sunspots has little to do with earths surface and lower atmospheric conditions.

600px-Temp-sunspot-co2.jpg

23 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Looks like you have big baby syndrome too. Cool. There’s actually a lot of data that contradicts the Team Sheep folks, but it just doesn’t get reported much. Some scientists have even gone on news shows and have said they’re afraid to report data that contradicts the sheep because they don’t want to have their careers ruined. 

You can find some of it on Google. I grabbed this real quick and didn’t read it to make sure it’s legit, but there’s definitely great research out there if you look. 

https://www.iceagenow.info/headed-for-space-age-record-cold-warns-nasa-scientist/

Well if you found it on Google with a quick search and didn't bother to read it, but still copied a link, then...  Count me in!   Those leftist scientists all over the world and their nerdy peer reviewed research, that's for wusses.  Here's another link just for giggles.  Even has pretty graphs and data and links to other studies.  Read away.  Mentions NASA over and over and over and....  Alas, it's more for the sheep of the world.

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Scientific Consensus

Ninety-seven percent of climate scientists agree that climate-warming trends over the past century are very likely due to human activities, and most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position.

1 hour ago, alum93 said:

Well if you found it on Google with a quick search and didn't bother to read it, but still copied a link, then...  Count me in!   Those leftist scientists all over the world and their nerdy peer reviewed research, that's for wusses.  Here's another link just for giggles.  Even has pretty graphs and data and links to other studies.  Read away.  Mentions NASA over and over and over and....  Alas, it's more for the sheep of the world.

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Scientific Consensus

Ninety-seven percent of climate scientists agree that climate-warming trends over the past century are very likely due to human activities, and most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position.

All that matters is Trump's opinion.

16 hours ago, sandiegopete said:

The scientific consensus is that human activity has had an adverse effect on global climate.  Peer reviewed scientific reports have established human contribution to global warming.  There are no peer reviewed scientific reports whatsoever to support your claim that human activity has no effect whatsoever on global warming.  

Your comments seem to be intended to cast doubt on the scientific consensus in order to alter gateway beliefs on climate change.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0118489&version=meter at null&module=meter-Links&pgtype=Blogs&contentId&mediaId&referrer&priority=true&action=click&contentCollection=meter-links-click

So far, your attempts are not working.

But we are all in agreement that vaccines cause autism, right?

Posted Image

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

You sound like a sheep making those whiney little sheep sounds. 😂

Posters who laugh at their own jokes: Convert, bluerules, and . . . . . . . . . . . and . . . . . .  . . . . . . . that's all that come to mind.

You're in GREAT company, Convert.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Looks like you have big baby syndrome too. Cool. There’s actually a lot of data that contradicts the Team Sheep folks, but it just doesn’t get reported much. Some scientists have even gone on news shows and have said they’re afraid to report data that contradicts the sheep because they don’t want to have their careers ruined. 

You can find some of it on Google. I grabbed this real quick and didn’t read it to make sure it’s legit, but there’s definitely great research out there if you look. 

No, there's very little data that contradicts anthropogenic climate change.  Listen, my friend, I am not an expert on this and that's why I defer to the people that are.  And 97% of those experts say this current round of global warming is man made. So the question is should I believe them, the 3% who are unsure, or you, who are not an expert and actually show so little understanding of the topic that you offer that it's cold in Montana to refute the very obvious planet wide warming trend over the last decades?

Also, the media doesn't have to give equal credibility or consideration to everything.  Example: Trump is an f-ing pathological lying troll.  We don't have to take all his nonsense seriously and hold his ignorant musings to the same standard as scientific research.  

1 hour ago, Akkula said:

But we are all in agreement that vaccines cause autism, right?

Yes. You're a sheep if you don't believe our idiot cousins and aunts on FB rather than scientists. 

Why aren’t the coasts under water as predicted they would be by Gore ten years ago. So, what is the solution without killing the economy? Why is The godfather of climate change still flying all over the world in his private jet? Same for Pelosi. Either they don’t care, or they know it’s a hoax. 

By the way, quit breathing out CO2. 

15 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Why aren’t the coasts under water as predicted they would be by Gore ten years ago. So, what is the solution without killing the economy? Why is The godfather of climate change still flying all over the world in his private jet? Same for Pelosi. Either they don’t care, or they know it’s a hoax. 

Sea level rises have exceeded predicted values:

SLR_models_obs.gif

Glacial melt in Greenland alone would raise sea levels by approx. 20'.

And for those who receive their news from sources other than Sean Hannity or carrier pigeons, they know Miami is already dealing with the issue.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

15 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

So your recognition of global warming is tied to the impact on the economy?  That's interesting.

16 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Why aren’t the coasts under water as predicted they would be by Gore ten years ago. So, what is the solution without killing the economy?

https://weather.com/news/news/2019-02-26-marshall-islands-fight-sea-level-rise-raising-islands

The solution would be a massive investment worldwide in Nuclear Power, Wind, and solar along with energy efficiency to lower the demand.  But we are probably doomed anyway with population set to eclipse 10 Billion by about 2050.

1 hour ago, alum93 said:

So your recognition of global warming is tied to the impact on the economy?  That's interesting.

Hey, I’m all for reducing the worlds pollution regardless of climate change scare tactics. However, the economy is a factor. Everyone walking or riding to work on bicycles isn’t going to work. Neither is Gore or Pelosi flying around in their private jets helping. 

18 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

https://weather.com/news/news/2019-02-26-marshall-islands-fight-sea-level-rise-raising-islands

The solution would be a massive investment worldwide in Nuclear Power, Wind, and solar along with energy efficiency to lower the demand.  But we are probably doomed anyway with population set to eclipse 10 Billion by about 2050.

Back in the sixties zero population growth was a big thing. Maybe it needs to be resurrected. I’ve heard estimates that the earths finite resources can only sustain a population of 8 billion people before there is wide spread starvation, lack of sufficient water, energy, etc. How accurate that is, is debatable. However, it’s not debatable that the world population will eventually outstrip the finite resources. We should be paying a lot more attention to limiting population growth which will also help solve a lot of other problems. 

36 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Hey, I’m all for reducing the worlds pollution regardless of climate change scare tactics. However, the economy is a factor. Everyone walking or riding to work on bicycles isn’t going to work. Neither is Gore or Pelosi flying around in their private jets helping. 

Me too...  I’ve Invested far more $$$ into it than all the apocalyptic doomsayers I know have.  Most talk a big game on the topic and do nothing.  But it’s not about that with these folks and their religion, they just want you to believe - and rightfully so since that’s all the vast majority of them do.

v0icAvfW.jpg

29 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I am still waiting for the Societal Collapse that Al Gore predicted would happen in ten years back in 2008.

Last time I looked outside everything seemed just fine. 

I survived many supposed cataclysmic events during my lifetime - a pending ice age, acid rain, ozone hole, etc.  pretty sure I’ll survive this one too and then on to the next apocalypse.

v0icAvfW.jpg

3 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I survived many supposed cataclysmic events during my lifetime - a pending ice age, acid rain, ozone hole, etc.  pretty sure I’ll survive this one too.

Interesting examples to use given Acid Rain in the US and Ozone Depletion were both fixed through government regulation (The Clean Air Act of 1990 and the Montreal Protocol of 1987).

5 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Interesting examples to use given Acid Rain in the US and Ozone Depletion were both fixed through government regulation (The Clean Air Act of 1990 and the Montreal Protocol of 1987).

So what have you done personally to help reduce pollution?