Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Other Conference Tournaments Thread

Just now, aggzilla said:

Rhode Island defeats VCU, which means either the A10 just stole a bid from someone, or, the committee will take the injury of Evans into account and may possibly get snubbed.

Damn dude did we hit send at the same time?

2 minutes ago, aggzilla said:

Florida upsets LSU, hits a clutch 3 with a few seconds left to win. Gators are probably in the dance, now. That’s a solid win for their resume.

I think from reading they were solid before but maybe have better seeding now. But you never know with the committee

57 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Looks like Memphis might be punching their ticket or making people look as they lead C. Florida by 16 right now

I think with Florida winning and the A10 stealing a bid, I think Memphis will still need to win the auto bid to get in. However, if they beat Houston tomorrow, I think that puts them close.

rsz_romney-stadium.jpg

Memphis and Houston both win setting up what should be a VERY well attended game tomorrow...Memphis now at 21-12 under Penny (matching Tubbys best season at Memphis)

21 wins and a NET of 50 should make Memphis an NIT lock IMHO

mem skyline sig.jpeg

11 minutes ago, thatsmymammy said:

Uh oh JD, UCSB tied up. 

Ice cold finish.  We pull a Hawaii and collapse

16 minutes ago, thatsmymammy said:

That sucks... this is my local team, always want them to do well. 

Losing Ramsey to injury sucked. Went ice cold at the worst possible time. But at least Pasternack's not going anywhere :cheer:

UC Irvine vs Cal State Fullerton for the BW autobid.  A UC Irvine win would give them 30 on the season.

5 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

From what I saw from brackets going into today most have them solidly in the field.

Yeah, they’re probably safe. Oregon winning the PAC-12 title will get that league three teams in as well.

Speaking of the PAC-12, saw that Larry Scott is staying in a $7,500/night suite at the MGM (could be wrong on hotel, not wrong on price). Got me thinking, where should Hair be put up during the MWC tourney? I’m thinking the Motel 6 on Tropicana.