Jump to content
UNLV2001

B Y U ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Location wise I think its ideal for Big West conference with travel and such. Didn't Cal Baptist petition Big West and Big West turned them down? For some reason I remember Big West turning a team down when they asked to join in the last 2 years or so.

 

Location wise obviously.  Athletics and exposure wise, not so much.  The Big West turned UCSD down 2 years ago.  I believe Bakersfield raised a stink behind closed doors and convinced the Cal States not to let UCSD in without them.  

Best of my knowledge, Cal Baptist never approached the BW.  I think Seattle did though, back in 2008.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

 

Location wise obviously.  Athletics and exposure wise, not so much.  The Big West turned UCSD down 2 years ago.  I believe Bakersfield raised a stink behind closed doors and convinced the Cal States not to let UCSD in without them.  

Best of my knowledge, Cal Baptist never approached the BW.  I think Seattle did though, back in 2008.

It was probably UC San Diego I am thinking of. Seattle doesn't fit well for Big West for a variety of reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

It was probably UC San Diego I am thinking of. Seattle doesn't fit well for Big West for a variety of reasons.

Yes.  UCSD doesn't get in without Bakersfield.  And vice versa. 

Seattle was rumored back in 2008.  I wish the Big West had taken a flier on them, at the very least to a presence in the Pacific Northwest.  Why it's so wrong to want two or three members outside California - like the WCC has - I'll never understand:shots:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Yes.  UCSD doesn't get in without Bakersfield.  And vice versa. 

Seattle was rumored back in 2008.  I wish the Big West had taken a flier on them, at the very least to a presence in the Pacific Northwest.  Why it's so wrong to want two or three members outside California - like the WCC has - I'll never understand:shots:.

Budgets and all that plus they wouldn't have a partner in Seattle. If they could have gotten a partner for Seattle I think you would have seen a bigger push but otherwise Seattle is on an island by themselves. And actually I think Seattle has tried to get into WCC but have been rebuffed as well but I think that is where they really want to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even San Jose State could have played San Diego closer in that game. By a basket or two. :rimshot1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2019 at 12:14 AM, UNLV2001 said:

:rotflmfao::rotflmfao::cheer::cheers:

D1Ru7rAVYAAAJtk.jpg:large

I didnlt know they had to wear their magic underwear even during games???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6147fca9217b637c1c59d849813acceb.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×