UNLV2001

B Y U ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

16 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Location wise I think its ideal for Big West conference with travel and such. Didn't Cal Baptist petition Big West and Big West turned them down? For some reason I remember Big West turning a team down when they asked to join in the last 2 years or so.

Location wise obviously.  Athletics and exposure wise, not so much.  The Big West turned UCSD down 2 years ago.  I believe Bakersfield raised a stink behind closed doors and convinced the Cal States not to let UCSD in without them.  

Best of my knowledge, Cal Baptist never approached the BW.  I think Seattle did though, back in 2008.

3 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Location wise obviously.  Athletics and exposure wise, not so much.  The Big West turned UCSD down 2 years ago.  I believe Bakersfield raised a stink behind closed doors and convinced the Cal States not to let UCSD in without them.  

Best of my knowledge, Cal Baptist never approached the BW.  I think Seattle did though, back in 2008.

It was probably UC San Diego I am thinking of. Seattle doesn't fit well for Big West for a variety of reasons.

10 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

It was probably UC San Diego I am thinking of. Seattle doesn't fit well for Big West for a variety of reasons.

Yes.  UCSD doesn't get in without Bakersfield.  And vice versa. 

Seattle was rumored back in 2008.  I wish the Big West had taken a flier on them, at the very least to a presence in the Pacific Northwest.  Why it's so wrong to want two or three members outside California - like the WCC has - I'll never understand:shots:.

2 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Yes.  UCSD doesn't get in without Bakersfield.  And vice versa. 

Seattle was rumored back in 2008.  I wish the Big West had taken a flier on them, at the very least to a presence in the Pacific Northwest.  Why it's so wrong to want two or three members outside California - like the WCC has - I'll never understand:shots:.

Budgets and all that plus they wouldn't have a partner in Seattle. If they could have gotten a partner for Seattle I think you would have seen a bigger push but otherwise Seattle is on an island by themselves. And actually I think Seattle has tried to get into WCC but have been rebuffed as well but I think that is where they really want to be. 

Even San Jose State could have played San Diego closer in that game. By a basket or two. :rimshot1:

On 3/10/2019 at 12:14 AM, UNLV2001 said:

:rotflmfao::rotflmfao::cheer::cheers:

D1Ru7rAVYAAAJtk.jpg:large

I didnlt know they had to wear their magic underwear even during games???

6147fca9217b637c1c59d849813acceb.jpg

• Haha 2