Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

MWC Tournament

2 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

That's really nuts that Boise has better odds than CSU, UNM, Air Force, Wyoming, and SJSU combined.

Boise has lost a lot of very close games, and is better than their record indicates. I think ken-pom got it right with you guys.

6 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Boise has lost a lot of very close games, and is better than their record indicates. I think ken-pom got it right with you guys.

That makes sense. According to KenPom, Boise has the worst "luck factor" rating in the 18 year history of their site. 

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

That makes sense. According to KenPom, Boise has the worst "luck factor" rating in the 18 year history of their site. 

So wouldn’t it stand to reason that they’ll lose in the quarters on a no-look, behind-the-back, desperation heave, 53-foot three-pointer?

Just now, 307dude said:

So wouldn’t it stand to reason that they’ll lose in the quarters on a no-look, behind-the-back, desperation heave, 53-foot three-pointer?

It's really been laughable how they've lost games. If that pendulum swings the other way next year, they could be a really good team. 

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

That's really nuts that Boise has better odds than CSU, UNM, Air Force, Wyoming, and SJSU combined.

Basically, KenPom has the odds to win the tournament as something like this:

Nevada 2-1: USU 7-2; Fresno 8-1; UNLV 24-1; SDSU 25-1; Boise 60-1; and the other five are essentially the field at 100-1.

The only one of those that seems clearly out of line to me is UNLV which has never shown that it benefits from hosting the conference. I'd put the Rebels at 50-1. Even more so than SDSU, if UNLV wins on Thursday, the Rebels are going to be destroyed on Friday by Nevada.

To put it another way, I see no chance that Nevada doesn't get to the finals. The only question is whether they'll play USU or Fresno.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I wish the league would reduce the number of tournament teams to 7. Have seeds 2-7 play the first round. 

After the first day, we have our final 4.

I wouldn't mind if MWC went to a double bye for the top 2 seeds.

To me I think this tournament is going to be a dog fight between the teams. Personally I think any of the Top 5 or 6 seeds could really win this thing. Yes I think UNLV could win this thing. Air Force is a longer shot, then from 7 and beyond that is a long shot but i think this is going to be a dogfight.

3 hours ago, toonkee said:

I like all this Bad juju Reno is putting into the universe.

Should we sacrifice NevadaFan to reverse it?  Y’know, the whole scapegoat idea…

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

6 hours ago, quickdraw said:

The Fresno USU game will be interesting and the final with Reno will be really good if USU advances. Other than that it is a predawn conclusion.

Last I checked Fresno is the ONLY school to have played Nevada close in both games this year. Plus if Fresno does make the finals they will be playing for a NCAAT bid and Nevada will be playing for what a 5 seed instead of a 6 seed? I would hardly call that a "perdrawn conclusion".

Im going to go ahead and say UNLV does not make it past suds.

Rebs 2 game win streak 

suds 2 game losing streak

UNLV needed its sf to have a perfect game from 3 to slip past csu. That sf is 1-9 from 3 vs suds this year.

Even if they make it past suds, chances of beating suds, reno and usu are not high.

Ugh, I was really hoping to avoid the lobos. I think they have the talent and ability to get hot at the right time. Besides that, they should still have a decent contingency of fans at the T&M. I predict a very close game. 

rsz_romney-stadium.jpg